powerglide transbrake

Old 12-11-2007, 06:23 AM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

Default powerglide transbrake

Ive got a TCI powerglide with amanual valve body, andatransbrake. My problem is the transbrake wont hold in place at the line. First time it backed out after i brought the RPM up. Scared the bejesus out of me! Called TCI and they said to adjust the band, I tried that( exactly to their instructions) but it still takes off when I bring up the rpm. Im still probably doing it wrong, Imaklutz.Any help would be appreciated.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:09 AM
gimmemud
MASTER BUILDER

I had one do the same thing, it would move backwards when I brought the rpm up on the brake. It was low of fluid. This was a hipster brake dont know if it will help, but it cant hurt to try.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:03 PM
jmarksdragster
RACING JUNKIE

The band should be no tighter than 3 3/4 turns out. After that, get a pressure gauge, you should have at least 200psi. If it is backing up it is losing pressure somewhere or doesn't have enough. Low fluid level would do it, I would hope you've checked it.
Old 12-12-2007, 03:59 AM
us7race
EXPERT BUILDER

The forward clutches could be burnt too but it would show by lots of slippage. Some of the transbrake solenoids are also adjustable too.
I think I would check the servo piston and spring then re-ajust the band, also check line pressure. Mine has 250Lbs-275Lbs with a JW pump.
Old 12-13-2007, 11:33 AM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

Thanks a lot guys. Ill try them all,sooner or later Ill hit on something! Even a blind pig finds an acorn once in awhile. Again, thanks.