? for procharger cars

Old 12-09-2007, 09:39 AM
insane4fbodys
SENIOR BUILDER

Default ? for procharger cars

I'm about fed up with some of the vendors as they don't want to help on little things. Problem;the car 70 Camaro with BBC, Lemons headers and motor plates. The motor plates may have lifted the motor only by a 1/8th, but only to make the lemons fit perfectly in the car. With the procharger mocked up and belt on, the hood will shut but is resting slightly against the the belt. I want it to fit under the hood with enough clearance. The procharger pulley is 5 1/2" inches around and doesn't seem to be any kind of adjustments to move it. I have asked procharger about it and they said call a vendor. I called MC racing and they said they would have to call PC. I have called them 3 times and never got a answer. What pullies if any could I run to stay around 18PSI give or take. And have a smaller driven pulley. Believe it or notthe housing doesn't hit the hood just the frontend of the pulley and belt. Also what kind of valve covers will fit? My Fab. sheetmetal 1's won't clear. Do I have to have it cut and rewelded? Thanks guys. PS this is 1 reason it's on RJ for trade as I haven't got time and a place to work on it during the cold season. I'm sure it'll be a blast if I can finish it and keep it for next year.
Old 12-09-2007, 11:07 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

i am hearing what your saying and trying to get a good mental picture in my head..if you could post a few pics..it would be worth a thousand words.

thanks Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 12-09-2007, 03:33 PM
insane4fbodys
SENIOR BUILDER

http://[img]http://i212.photobucket.....jpg[/img]
Ok this was in the dark, but now you see how it's on the motor. The top of the pulley and the belt at the outer front 1" facing the front of the car is touching my hood when closed and shut. It does not make the hood raise any but it touches. I know if the belt ever breaks the hood is gone, but I'm looking to keep it under the hood. I need to find at leasta 1/2" somewhere for clearance since it's touching now. Thanks
Old 12-09-2007, 03:34 PM
insane4fbodys
SENIOR BUILDER

BTW the housing and and outlet does not touch the hood at all.
Old 12-10-2007, 02:32 PM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

insane4fbodys you can go with a 54 tooth on the blower and Moroso valve covers to clear the housing. Hope that helps some. You can also go to show off and see how mine is put together under woodsman's 66 nova.
Old 12-10-2007, 02:47 PM
jmarksdragster
RACING JUNKIE

Find a way to lower the engine, 1/2" should be easy with some custom frame brackets.
Old 12-10-2007, 05:52 PM
insane4fbodys
SENIOR BUILDER

Thanks Jmark, but if you had read, it already has motor plates to make everything else fit right. Woodsman, that is a beautiful car. The HP#'s are way crazy for me, what Series PC are you running? I went the cheap way out, I have a 463 built to the teeth. Was told it should handle 1600HP, no sweat. Then add my F-2 and intercooler. I was told by Jeff at RPD that it should be able to make 1000-1100HP on the 18PSI and 1500-1600HP on the 28 PSI pullies. I got a dumb question for you, I seen you said you had a Prostar 500 magnafuel pump too. Magna fuel says it will handle 1600Hp no problems but Jeff says it's not big enough to keep up. IS yours working out good? Jeff says it will lean out on a hard run, maybe that is your problem on the lean condition? I will go with the Mororso's. Right now I believeI have a lower 73 and upper 56 pulley. The pulley is 5 1/2"s around. What is the 54's size. As I think I need at least a 1/2" space for hood clearance. Thanks Breck
Old 12-13-2007, 04:41 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Breck..i am sure you have turned over in your head a new hood..a 4 or 6 inch outlaw hood,In my opinion would really luck good on your car...it would give it some extra attitude..it did on my 67 camaro..
i also Run Magnafuel Pro-star 500 pump...but not running blown stuff like you guys run..the Pro-Star is rated up to 2,000 hp...???...

What Electric pump would you use that would put out more than the PRO-STAR other than going to a mechanical pump ?..

Woodsman i am sure you know this already but the PRO-Star comes pre-set i think 28 psi at the pump from the factory...you can adjust this on up if you need more fuel...maybe you have done this already..

the pro-star is a hell-luv-a of a electric pump..but again you guys are running some hell-luv-a blow thru motor too....so i dunno know...

Brian

Old 12-14-2007, 12:26 PM
insane4fbodys
SENIOR BUILDER

http://[img]http://i212.photobucket.....jpg[/img]
This is the problem I have, and I have a 4" cowl on the car, infact it's the car I have for my avatar. It hits the main body of the hood past where the cowl is. The bigger pump for our cars and the 1 I was told to run is the Prostar 600 EFI pump. I was told the 500 would not keep up on a WOT pass because 32PSI is it's limit and that you need 6PSI more then the blower PSI to keep up. So at 28PSI mine should lean out. I'm going to try and stay at 18 and maybe get a 26 set for now on the PC. But it's a long style and my car was set up for apump/filter combo like the 500. Maybe this PIC will help everyone to understand my problem.
Old 12-14-2007, 12:49 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

yes i see that now...hummmmm..i am thinking here bud..trying to think of something other than what has been mentioned..

Brian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -