Thread: muffler question

muffler question

I dont know what category this would fall under so this was teh closest i guess.

Has anyone run the kooks mufflers yet, I cant find anyone that has them and how they like them. Im looking for a mufflers that are on the quiet side but flow very well.

Administrator RACING JUNKIE bjuice's Avatar
    depending on how quite you wanna be..you gonna give up a little here for a little there...........and so on...

i have ran the bullet,flowmaster ( street strip car),,also spintech on a 10.5 car i had ..i was very pleased with spintech..

Brian
    Bjuice..

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "

Member JUNIOR BUILDER
    Hello
    Sorry if I am hi jacking this thread, but is it possible to get round mufflers to run quiet
    I wanted to go with side exhaust of my car, even by bolting a couple of round mufflers together for a longer muffler, but I have been told that the round ones won't be that quiet...dunno for sure
    To run an exhaust under the car is going to be very difficult. I have little room and the chassis is x braced throught the bottom making clearance even worse( to run ovals)
    thanks for any info
    Tom

Administrator RACING JUNKIE bjuice's Avatar
    Tom..the spintech mufflers are designed just for cars like you just described..the are very flat rectangular shape and flow great..check them out..i ran a set on a 89 10.5 car i had 4 year ago before selling the car to a guy from Norfolk VA....the car ran 5.20's at 3300 lbs with a big block thru these spin tech mufflers..the car was a corporate sponsored TEST SPEC car by Southside suspension and built by K-town performance in Tenneesee...

the spintech's work for flow and clearence

http://www.spintechmufflers.com/spin...ntechindex.asp

Brian
    Bjuice..

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "

Member JUNIOR BUILDER
    Hello Brian
    I looked at the web site and e-mailed them for some more info. I hope there is a Cdn dealer but if not, I will have to buy direct
    thanks very much
    Tom

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    I have had Kook's mufflers on my car for 3 years now. They are the best muffler for the price without a question. Good people to deal with and provide outstanding customer service. If you would like, you can go into my profile photo gallery and look at the mufflers on the blue/green dragster.

mufflers

Check out the Dynomax ultraflows i believe they make a round version of them,i think the ultraflow mufflers sound good too.

Member JUNIOR BUILDER
    Hello shawnp. I did not see a link on your profile for pics. I would like to see them if you have the link
    The Dynomax ultraflows, are they as quiet as the oval mufflers?
    thanks
    Tom

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    I run the dragster mufflers. The green and blue car sport the Kook's mufflers. The other mufflers you see on the other cars are Borla's. The Kook's without a douby are smaller, weigh less and are noticably more quite then the Borla mufflers. Again, they are an outstanding product and worth the call.

http://www.racingjunk.com/gallery/profile/4610