City complaint and a ? ( small novel, can anyone help me?)

Old 11-28-2007, 03:21 PM
insane4fbodys
SENIOR BUILDER

Default City complaint and a ? ( small novel, can anyone help me?)

:evil: Ok, I'm a working class guy. I make a modest amount, I live in a decent neighborhood, in my $56,000 house. Nothing great but it's home. It has a double car garage and a double car carport. I for the most part keep the yard mowed and the trash picked up. On occasion, I leave some of my stuff out that I was working on. We have a garage full of parts I've collected over the years and 2 partially disassembled Camaros. In The driveway I have my Prostreet that I was waiting 4 months on parts for thats on jackstands. And now have most everything. A 99 HuggerOrange SS Camaro, 98 T/A that runs but needs me to finish the cosmectics on the front, a 94 Impala SS (wifes daily) 71 Camaro SS/RS 396 #'s matching (I know it needs to be in the garage) And my daily driver a 01 Z71. The problem without me calling them what I love to call them GD this and that and F**King A$$holes. Forgive the language, please. 1 Neighbor always calls in and the city comes to read me the riot act, or now I have 1 that just likes to come by every month. Move this, move that, this has to run, this has to have tags ETC., ETC., ETC. We are either going to fine you or tow away your car. And I'm tired of it. I work on my car as I have time, parts or money. I don't race up the street or play loud music but I'm the 1 in the neighbor hood being picked on. I know there is rules, but is there something I can do to tell this broken record to stop. I'm the 1 paying the taxes to this BS city not them on my stuff. (Oh I figure there is someone here that might do this job and will give me a your in the wrong) But for everyones laughs and some that will take it the wrong way. The last guy that done this job came 1 day I was here and said he was going to call and have my car towed. My reply was go right ahead, and you'll be the first 1 I shoot. His reply is I'm calling the police because the city gives him the right to tow my car. My last reply was; thats fine but I'm still going to shoot you first, because Smith&Wesson gives me the right to stop thieves. And I started to my front door. He stopped me and we came to an agreement and he took a different job within 2 weeks of that. Anyway I have a lot of toys and not enough garage to keep them, is there a simple solution to fix this problem? I'm not going to sell my stuff and can't afford to move. Sorry for the novel, but cars is my only get away in my life. :idea:
Old 11-28-2007, 04:30 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

ALOT OF CITY ORDINANCES ALOW A FITTED CAR COVER TO BE PUT ON YOUR VEHICLES AND THEN THEY CONSIDER YOU ARE RESTORING THIS VEHICLE---YOU MIGHT CHECK THAT SIDE OUT 8) 8) ---BE CAREFUL ABOUT GETTING TOO MUCH IN THERE FACE BECAUSE THEY MIGHT TOW AND CRUSH THE CAR AND THEN YOU HAVE TO FIGHT THEM FOR DAMAGES[ SEEN IT HAPPEN BEFORE]----OR YOU COULD JUST LET ME HAVE THE OLD RELICS SITTING OUTSIDE FOR SAFE KEEPING :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ---LIVELY IN ILLINOIS
Old 11-28-2007, 05:13 PM
SST4530
DYNO TECH

I had a similar problem with a code enforcement officer, keep in mind my town has a population of 2500 and not even a red light. I had real nice car that was my moms before she passed away. I let the tags and inspection go because we didn't drive it. They said we had to move it every 15 days and have it registered and inspected. I went to the Cheif of Police and threatened to go the city council, we no longer have a problem. I feel the same as you, my property, I pay taxes not them, when they make the payments and pay the taxes then and only then will I be told what can sit in my drive way and for how long. :twisted:

Got a picture you can post?
Old 11-28-2007, 05:14 PM
lanham
MASTER BUILDER

Default neighbor

No neighbors is the best neighbors.I live in the county but that is why i would hate to live in the city.I lived in the city when i was little and it seemed that the ones that are friendly are the ones that always wanted to borrow something.I know that some city rules let the officials put their nose where it don't belong.Hopefully we have an internet lawyer on here to help.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:25 PM
mytmouz
RACING JUNKIE

A fence, a gate, and a large dog...
Old 11-28-2007, 05:41 PM
lookingaround
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by tporter
A fence, a gate, and a large dog...
lmao that should do it
Old 11-28-2007, 06:19 PM
insane4fbodys
SENIOR BUILDER

I wish the fence, gate and dog ideas would work. But the neighborhood covinance(spelling?) doesn't allow for front yard fences or gates. So the big dog is kind of out. I asked about a privatecy fence around the back, and they said sure, but didn't change anything about my cars. Car covers they said wouldn't fix the problem as I'm a repeat offender. :shock: Anyway the blower car in my profile is went on a diet and lost the 871 and gained an F-2. It is sitting in the same place but it's on jackstands. The black 71 is gone. http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/104730 I have fairly nice cars and mind my own business. It's not like I play poka music all night long and then have people laying in the front yard the next morning pasted out every where. Ok maybe once without the poka music, but that was getting a car to the track the next day. Anyway thanks. Oh yes, if they take your car here they let their friends buy it for a song and then sell it for big profit.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:22 PM
lookingaround
RACING JUNKIE

your camaro poor aint ya
Old 11-28-2007, 06:29 PM
insane4fbodys
SENIOR BUILDER

5 here and the 98 T/A and 3 more parts Camaros sitting at the farm. The mice are bad down there or I would take them down there.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:20 PM
Murff
MASTER BUILDER

I wanna know where the hell you can buy a house, with a 2 car garage, for $56,000!

Murff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -