RACING JUNK MADE ME SEND MY MONEY TO A SCAMMER

Old 11-27-2007, 08:59 PM
bbms1000
JOURNEYMAN

Default Justice ????

I don't want anyone to spell out BAD?? but why are all the people at RACINGJUNK?? sticking up for the BAD GUY's ??? don't you all find this funny????? we all work hard for our MONEY?? these people are getting paid for the site and some of Thier actions ?????? :cry:
Old 11-27-2007, 09:19 PM
topsportsman1
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Justice ????

Originally Posted by bbms1000
I don't want anyone to spell out BAD?? but why are all the people at RACINGJUNK?? sticking up for the BAD GUY's ??? don't you all find this funny????? we all work hard for our MONEY?? these people are getting paid for the site and some of Thier actions ?????? :cry:
I guess you are another one that only came here after the mail didn't come?

Your blaming us for your short commings now I see

You might want to stop typing for a bit and read the forum.Now quit showing others how much of a moron you are and call the police with your info that you have.

Oh thats right you don't know who you sent you money to.

Let me tell you some thing einstien
If the deal seems too good to be true,it probaly was.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:42 AM
placecraft1
APPRENTICE

Why does racingjunk keep allowing them to keep posting ads?
Maybe they should monitor it a little better.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:16 AM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

How does Racing Junk make anyone send money??? You choose to send your money to a scammer. Now that it is all said in done, you want to complain here. Post the ad info. Tell us who the scammer is. Where did you send your money? Next time be a little more proactive to avoid scams.
Old 11-28-2007, 08:40 AM
bigstu
APPRENTICE

You should have come here before you sent the money, not after. Did someone from rj come to you with a gun and demand you sent a ghost some money. Do your home work, first!
Old 11-28-2007, 11:06 AM
Gimmethakick
SENIOR BUILDER

I agree with the above except for the fact of calling the guy a moron. He might be but the administrator shouldn't call names. The internet is the greatest and also the worst place to shop. Its all on the honor system. Do your homework before you make a deal. If someone seems the least bit shady stay away. I do think there should be a little more done to protect the uninformed. Maybe put a sticky at the top of every for sale page with the basic warnings. I will not buy anything without looking at it first. Luckily for me the car I was interested in was close enough to go look at. Lets just say the pictures did it a world of good. I would have been so disappointed if that car was delivered to me.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:37 AM
gdmii
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by Gimmethakick
I do think there should be a little more done to protect the uninformed. Maybe put a sticky at the top of every for sale page with the basic warnings.
There are stickies all over the place and pages of posts warning others of these scammers. The problem is that no one reads them until after the fact and then it's too late. How many guys do you see where their first post ever on the forum is a complaint that they got scammed. That first post could have easily been a question about whether anyone has done business with so and so. Then they would have gotten informed BEFORE they got scammed.

Also, those of us here in the forum have no control over the placement of ads. That is an open system where anyone can place an ad. Do your homework guys. It's called due dilligence. You owe it to yourselves. Get references. Use COD or an escrow service if you don't know who you are dealing with.

Now you can mark my word that someone will come on here having never read what I just posted and make his first post that says, "I GOT SCAMMED!!!"

George
Old 11-29-2007, 03:42 AM
scorpio601
APPRENTICE

I see your point about most peoples first post on here being a I Got Scammed Post...But...I have made a few posts on this site myself...and I have never posted a I Got Scammed Post...What I have posted is the names of the people that I have had great dealings with...maybe more people should be posting about the good guys and not always about the bad guys.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:08 AM
Gimmethakick
SENIOR BUILDER

I've been on this site for a while now and never knew this part of it existed until recently. That is why I said put a sticky at the top of each category with warnings. I make an honor payment when I sell something in addition to monthly dues. I have noticed alot of people that I've bought from don't make an honor payment afterwards. Also all of my friends that surf this site don't even know this section exists. I'm also a member of corral.net and scammers run rampant on there also but if you appear to be shady they will kick you off in a minute. I believe in zero tolerance.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:56 PM
bbms1000
JOURNEYMAN

:shock: I can't believe the site addministrator called me a MORON ??? I am sorry but this is your site to run, I have baught lots of parts off your site, Again maybe I am just to honest of a person. Sorry we are not in it all for the money, I have had a lot of enjoying buying moments and a very few selling, but I am a man of my word!! thats all i am asking is for someone to watch these scamming people. We as racers, hotrodders or just the enthuesiest should all stick together and help each other out. If you live in an area where someone has been scammed, step forward and take some of our presious time and help out. I think alot of this would stop if these jerks knew we would all stick together to make this a better , safer place to have some H.P. fun, race, win, lose, build bigger faster or whatever your budget will allow. This is what it has always been about. 8) I will talk with anybody on the site about how it can be made a safer funner place for all, any other suggestions I think we should all send them to our administrator's. :wink: Thanks Matt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -