High compression

Old 11-27-2007, 07:43 AM
hnrmotors
SHOW GUEST

Default High compression

I am switching heads this winter and ill have about 14:1 compression. I know high compression engines need o-ringed blocks. Mine is not... Will my block be ok?
Old 11-27-2007, 08:23 AM
jmarksdragster
RACING JUNKIE

Buy good head gaskets, Fel-Pro wire bead gaskets work well. What engine?
Old 11-27-2007, 08:25 AM
billhendren
MASTER BUILDER

As long as you run the correct fuel and timing you shouldn't have any problems.we run 15.0/15.2-1 in all our SB2.2 circle track engines using Fel Pro 1034 gaskets with no problems.Bill
Old 11-27-2007, 10:24 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

agree with the above...

i have a 14 to 1 compression motor and run the MLS felpro head gaskets..

make sure you measure your KICK OUT is what i call it..the entire circumferance of your valve/chambers..i have seen some guys get the head gaskets with a little smaller opening and it effect their cc's.....best advise here is take your current head gaskets and lye them on top of the head upside down and see how it fits over the chamber//amske sure the one you have on their is not to small....if you have nothing to go by ..then be sure to check the new gaskets once you get them in...if its off you will be able to see what i am speaking of NO QUESTION.....i am no engine builder ( I AM AN ASSEMBLER) but have been around long enough to know this is a common oversight for many.

also be sure to stud the heads...and you will be fine....

as Bill said run good gas..i run 112 sunoco supreme...no detonation at all..of course unless i am running my alcohol carb.... 8)

BRIAN

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "