Thread: New scam

Member JUNIOR BUILDER

New scam

Has nothing to do with the site,but I thought I'd share it with you guys.There has been an ad show up in the local newspaper classifieds here a couple times lately.Some yo-yo advertising a 1970 Boss 302 Mustang in "good working condition,good interior,good exterior" for $4,800 USD.He has an email address as his contact info!What a moron!! :roll:

For $4800 that is a good buy :wink:
    Water is for racing and asphalt is for getting groceries!!!!

Junior Member SHOW GUEST
    where,s this boss at?

Member JUNIOR BUILDER
    I live in Ky,but I'm sure the guy has this ad running in other places.He only has an email address for a contact.

Senior Member SENIOR BUILDER
    That could be a new venue for scammers. Some people might be more trusting of the paper because they think its local. If there is a way to rip someone off scammers will find it.

mustang scam $4,800.00

I have called on this mustang $4,800. Boss ,White in color in central N.Y. last week .The guy even uses a local phone # and even sent me pictures of the car .This is great right in our own back yard. I told him itwas way too much for a Ford...LOL....... It was listed as Mustang, 70' Boss and he likes to use Yahoo to do the transaction ..... :roll:

Junior Member APPRENTICE

Re: New scam

Quote Originally Posted by gsforless
    Has nothing to do with the site,but I thought I'd share it with you guys.There has been an ad show up in the local newspaper classifieds here a couple times lately.Some yo-yo advertising a 1970 Boss 302 Mustang in "good working condition,good interior,good exterior" for $4,800 USD.He has an email address as his contact info!What a moron!! :roll:
    Call teh news paper and report it they may do something about it

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    So do you suppose if someone actually tries to make this deal and gets ripped off for $4800 in the process, that they will write a letter to the editor of the newspaper and rip into them for allowing scammers to place ads and for not doing anything to protect their readers?

Just asking.

Murff
    Never Eat Anything Bigger Than Your Head