Pro Comp Connecting Rods

Old 11-27-2007, 07:02 AM
stampsracing
SHOW GUEST

Default Pro Comp Connecting Rods

Has anyone used the new Pro Comp connecting rods? Heard anything about them? I am thinking about buying some & I wanted some feedback first.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:41 AM
jmarksdragster
RACING JUNKIE

Be careful with no-name parts. I don't know that brand, but a lot of cranks and rods come from China these days. Some of them say they are using good materials, but not always the case. he machine quality is rarely good unless it is machined in the US. What is your app, engine and RPM range?
Old 11-27-2007, 10:13 AM
stampsracing
SHOW GUEST

Default Pro Comp Connecting Rods

My engine is a 468 chevy big block. The RPM range is 6500. Compression Ratio is 12:8. I have found out that almost all connecting rods these days are imported to the US. Thanks for your imput.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:44 AM
jmarksdragster
RACING JUNKIE

Check out the Eagle H-Beams. A little more money, but decent quality. A lot of builder use Eagle components, just take the time to check the work no matter what company makes the parts you buy. Even the best slip up now and then.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:37 PM
signsbyesa
RACING JUNKIE

i have used these with good results in a 800 hpwr bbc with out
a problem and the guys there are great, they come with ARP bolts too
http://www.catpep.com/catproducts/co...rracingrod.asp
Old 11-27-2007, 04:11 PM
lmchevy
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default ohio crank

I have had good luck with Ohio Crankshaft rods and crank.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:14 PM
lmchevy
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default crank

Pretty much these days you almost always have some kind of bad feedback on something.You just have to make a choice and go with what you think will work.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:29 PM
edvancedengines
DYNO OPERATOR

Location: VA Hospital, Dallas, Tx (214 302 1924) cell-972-464-7400

My engine is a 468 chevy big block. The RPM range is 6500. Compression Ratio is 12:8. I have found out that almost all connecting rods these days are imported to the US. Thanks for your imput.
For your requirements I would use a set of the factory GM 3/8 rod bolt rods with ARP Bolts & Nuts with side beam polishing down on them. Polishing is not even necessary I just do it on all factory rods I do. I have put considerably more on those than you are asking for with an 8,000 rpm laiunch engine shifted 4 speed at 8,000 rpm witout any issues.

Almost any aftermarket BB Chevy Rods better be able to handle what your needs are. Pro Comp I know nothing about yet. I have heard rumors is all.

Ed
Old 11-27-2007, 05:42 PM
lmchevy
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default rods

Ed's post refreshed my memory a little.I used to have a 468 with around 13.1 and turned it 6500 and they were the stock chevrolet rods with the arp bolts and the little end was honed for floating pins with no bronze bushing and never had any problems.Remember back in the day the G.M. parts was the only parts to use.