- PNCRacing - Beware!! rip off

Old 11-20-2007, 01:17 PM
gofastcars
SHOW GUEST

Default - PNCRacing - Beware!! rip off

I bought a car from Curtis aka PNCRacing about a month ago. As I am taking the car apart I noticed a lot of things are jury rigged and very unsafe. He claimed the car ran a 10.70. The brakes were installed wrong and tires will not hold air. Anyone who would have attempted to track this car could have been seriously hurt. All work done looks like it was done by a child. He claimed the electric water pump died while I was on my way to pick the car up. He still owes me a $350.00 csr water pump. This person is dishonest and an amateur, and actually ownes a business. :shock:
Old 11-21-2007, 10:40 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: - PNCRacing - Beware!! rip off

Originally Posted by gofastcars
I bought a car from Curtis aka PNCRacing about a month ago. As I am taking the car apart I noticed a lot of things are jury rigged and very unsafe. He claimed the car ran a 10.70. The brakes were installed wrong and tires will not hold air. Anyone who would have attempted to track this car could have been seriously hurt. All work done looks like it was done by a child. He claimed the electric water pump died while I was on my way to pick the car up. He still owes me a $350.00 csr water pump. This person is dishonest and an amateur, and actually ownes a business. :shock:
ok Let me play the Devils Advocate here since the other party isn't present to give their side...i will list them in order to your post.

#1- Did at any point you inspect car before paying him.or did u take
delivery sight un-seen . according to your post you picked the car up ..right ?
#2- i have 2 cars that have tires that will not hold air (long)..one willl run mid /high 5's in 1/8 and the other high 4's...so whats the take here..most slicks will not hold air without tubes anyhow..
#3- Maybe the car did run 10.70..i know of many un-safe cars that run quicker than that. Just beacuse their un-safe doesn;t mean their not FAST.
#4- maybe a (his) child helped him do the work. did you see this before paying him ..ummmmmm ?
#5- maybe the water pump did quit right before you got there..all in all its just a piece of metal powered by an electric motor. could quit at any time. why didn't you pay him $350 less on the spot /,,did you not check this ?

Now by no means am i dis-crediting your side..but i think its only fair to raise these questions...cause many readers are gonna be asking theirself these questions..

Now if he told you it had a cola crank and probe aluminum rods..and you found it had a stock cast crank and stock rods...then your case is cut and dry....but as i read this..many things you said are debatable and i would like to hear the sellers side of this..

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 11-21-2007, 10:49 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

How can someone complain about a car being hacked up and not put together right after buying it.

YOU SHOULD HAVE LOOKED IT ALL OVER BEFORE BUYING IT !!
people need to stop complaining about every little thing specially when they are the one who should have look at it before putting the money on the table.

on that note I will also say this .. people like this guy who are dishonest about selling stuff are a$$holes !! the world is full of them.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:36 PM
gofastcars
SHOW GUEST

I finally got a hold of the man. He says he is going to ship the pump out tomorrow. If I get the pump in hand I will take back what I said. I was very fustrated that I was 100% honest with someone and tried to make it as easy as possible for them and they turn around and screw me. I saw the car at night and looked more at the big picture. As I am looking in to detail I see more problems. I actually like the car, but it needs a lot of work. One of the tubes on the headers is kinked shut along with many major dents. I know I bought a project, but if the pump was in my hand I would not be complaining. Sounds like you have never been srewed before.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:45 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

HERE'S YOUR SIGN !...

its not about being screwed or not screwed. ....your a grown man ( i assume) you went and looked at the car at night..if ya didn't know any better then that ..then now ya know..
yes i have been SCREWED...but i never have got on a public forum and complained about being screwed when i was there and viewed the item myself..i give myself more credit than that..and definalty more proud than that..

all i am saying is the stuff you are describing are things you should have been able to see...if you do not know enough about what your looking at take someone with you that does..in DAYTIME HOURS...and make sure its not sitting indoors on a wet garage floor..( hint,hint)

Remember you chose to air this out in the public..just be a man about what people have to say and DO NOT get pissed about it..its nothing personal..

good luck with your project.

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 11-21-2007, 02:40 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

PLEASE /PLEASE/PLEASE----FACE THE MUSIC :shock: :shock: ---YOU LOOKED AT IT/ YOU MUST HAVE THOUGHT YOU GOT A GOOD DEAL[ YOU DID BUY IT :idea: :idea: ]===BJUICE HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD/ YOU BOUGHT IT YOU OWN IT/ FIX IT :roll: :roll:

I HAVE BEEN SCREWED BEFORE/ BUT I ATE IT LIKE A MAN AND STILL TREAT ALL BUYERS WITH RESPECT/ TILL THEY SHOW ME DISRESPECT[ WHICH YOU DID TO THIS SELLER BY COMPLANING ON HERE WHEN ALL YOU REALLY WANTED WAS THE WATER PUMP MONEY!!! :evil: :evil:

CONTACT AND COMMON SENCE CAN CHANGE LOTS OF PROBLEMS

MY 2 CENTS WORTH--LIVELY
Old 11-22-2007, 07:01 AM
lotsof454sss
DYNO OPERATOR

Ok, You said you were taking the car apart so that tells me you knew it needed some changes to your liking...Your really only complaint to me boils down to the water pump replaced or money sent to you..Did you pay for the car on the spot or had you sent the money in advance...Either way there should have been money to get you satisfied right then...The fact you were not and have not is really the only complaint here...WE DO ALL APPRECIATE YOU STATING THE CONDITION YOU FOUND TO WARN OTHERS, PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT...We preach safety all the time as the first priority to racing...What I am really trying to say is do not take the responses to your post as anything other than good advice as we have had people come here by the hundreds with the same typical complaint you have lodged and everyone gets the honest opinion of all that care to reply..So just hang around and make alot of friends and you will understand the fellows return comments to you...Always remember everyone, listen, look, and then put your money down, but do not walk away without a COMPLETED DEAL, leave no details unfinished...If you chose to not do these then it will come back and bite you....Oh yea, Everyone that races and works on their car are NOT experts NOR professionals please keep this in mind when you go to buy a car....Welcome to RJ
Old 11-22-2007, 07:07 AM
gofastcars
SHOW GUEST

Thank you lotsof454sss! I'm just angry about the water pump. I don't need to say anymore.
Old 11-22-2007, 08:17 AM
lotsof454sss
DYNO OPERATOR

Thanks for sharing your experience and when we discuss these situations then people learn from it that are new to both RJ and the whole internet... The internet in general has people losing million$ of dollars each year.....I nearly got clipped for $1600 once and $2300 just recently but came out on top both times... I am the type that can rarely be had, and damn hard to make me like it.....Now enjoy your new ride and what all the people of RJ have to offer....