jlpford

Old 11-18-2007, 06:51 PM
Gord
SHOW GUEST

Default jlpford

Just a reminder this guy is a total fraud, he sold me a Doug Nash 5 speed claiming it to be in working condition, it was a total pice of Junk requiring a total rebuild, I never got 1 pass out of it third gera was siezed to the main shaft, 3 broken snap rings, 2-3 slider siezed to gear 3. The guy cannot be trusted and should be booted from this forum.

***DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS LIAR / FRADSTER*****
Old 11-18-2007, 07:04 PM
jlpford
SHOW GUEST

Default jlpford

you can bad mouth me all you want. but i know the trans was check before you got it,the reason for that was i was going to run it myself but ran out of money before i could finish the project. i,m sorry you had a problem all i know is what i was told about the trans.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:46 PM
jlpford
SHOW GUEST

Default jlpford

chevy guy so your telling me if you sold something that was not broke and is broke now you would give hime the money back and take a broken part back. boy i would love to do sells with you.because that would be like you sell me a trans that you know is good&i get it and mess it up and get on here and wine about it your going to give me my money back. i dont think so.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:07 PM
jlpford
SHOW GUEST

Default jlpford

when will you people listen the damn trans was good.i cant help what he did to it.all thats on this site is people tring to get something for nothing or the first thing they want to do is sue someone so they can get there part for nothing.i,ve been a member on this site 4 three years. i have not had a bad review the whole time i,ve been a member,and this guy just became a member not even 6months ago and you all take his side. so you figure out whos the fraud.
Old 11-20-2007, 05:57 AM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Default Who do you believe?

jlpford raises an interesting point- You have one person claiming that the trans was junk and you have another claiming that it was fine when it was shipped. Who is correct?

It is interesting to note that one will tend to side with the originator of the complaint or issue because that is your first association with the topic. If you say so and so did this and you provide what you believe is support for the argument, human nature is to be empathetic with you. I believe James Thurber coined the term for this as "Poisoning the Well".

I am not taking sides as both individuals are making points that are compelling.

So I would be interested in knowing what the readers of this forum think. Who do you believe and what does it take to make you believe them?

Just a thought.............

What do you guys think?
Old 11-20-2007, 06:08 AM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

My thoughts are if I bought the tranny I would have opened it up as soon as I got it and looked it over, if it had a problem deal with it asap.

If I sold the tranny in good shape and had someone check it out before hand I would post the shop that did the work and give info for the buyer to talk to them.

I think once a used part is installed and run it is yours. I don't know the truth either way and am not siding with either person just my thoughts on the matter.

Curtis
Old 11-20-2007, 07:02 AM
Gimmethakick
SENIOR BUILDER

I'm not taking sides though it might seem that way. 1st-The purchaser is very precise with telling what is wrong with the tranny. 2nd-It would be uncommon for someone to call someone out for bad dealings if they were in the wrong.(not unheard of but uncommon) 3rd-The seller says the tranny was good because he was going to use it but then he says all he knows it what he was told. No facts to back it up. Just my opinion for what its not worth.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:48 AM
jlpford
SHOW GUEST

Default jlpford

the trans was not even sealed back together so who bought it could look at it.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:30 PM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

The trans was not sealed? If thats the case then someone would have had to button it up to run it, correct?-Common sense would suggest that they would take a look inside-assuming the trans was indeed open.

Gord, was it open and did you take a look inside?

Hypothetically, what might happen if a transmission was run on a pass with no gear oil? Might it seize and grenade itself? I point this out because if it was buttoned up by someone else-it might be assumed it was ready to go and might still need to be filled. When I do a Muncie for somone I always put a tag saying to make sure they fill it before use.

The other interesting point is that the seller suggests he was going to run it and he knows it was checked before he got it-It would be logical for him to make the statement that he shared all he knew about the trans. Not sure that his phrasing is an indication he was trying to deceive.

Again you can only know what happened if you were there, but these gentlemen certainly have very different versions of the incident.
Old 11-20-2007, 04:57 PM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

My take here is that the tranny was taken to a tranny shop and that the seller was told all is fine. Why it would not have been all buttoned up is beyond me. If the tranny is good, why leave it open to be looked at?

If the buyer was aware the tranny was open at purchase and saw there was issues upon receiving the package, then it should have ben dealt with. If the buyer sealed the tranny, installed it and used it, then it is a used part. Who is to say the buyer did not create the problem sealing the tranny up??

Hard to take sides when there is not 100% detail from both ends.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -