need help from some one honest

Old 11-18-2007, 01:28 PM
job1
SHOW GUEST

Default need help from some one honest

just wondering is any one willing to sell me a blower on payments need one for a sbc no scams please im not stupid just poor thanks sorry ishould have been more clear i want to pay for the blower first and when finished then have it sent to me i would never accept any hi performance equipment before paying to much could go wrong sorry for the misunderstanding
Old 11-18-2007, 04:05 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

good luck with that.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:17 PM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

job1

I suggest you set aside what you can each month until you have enough to buy one direct.

I know what Tod74 is trying to say is not many people out there that will let a blower out the door and take payments.
One major reason is if you were to have a mishap and it burped and blew up, you would be out a blower and the guy selling would be out his dough, that may not be the way it would happen but that is the way they would think about it.

Another is cost, not many folks have a blower and all the goodies that they can let go of without getting cash up front.

If you can set aside say 200.00 a month in 12 months you would have over 2400.00 if you put it in an interest bearing account.
That would have you well on your way.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:28 PM
job1
SHOW GUEST

i should have been a little more clear in my request i would never ask anyone to send me merchandise before its payed for i meant someone hold the blower until i finish paying for it sorry for noy being more clear thanks
Old 11-20-2007, 03:18 AM
dart441
APPRENTICE

What he's asking is, Does anyone have a lay-a-way plan for a blower? Then ship after he's paid in full. Or at least that's what I got out of the original post.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:54 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

i am honest and here is my best advise for you...sense it seems like a cash flow problem for you to buy a blower ( and i understand)..

go apply for a 5,000 dollar credit limit on a decent (rate) credit card..buy the blower from a reputable company and make your monthly payments to the credit card company...they will be happy to carry the note for you and you get your blower before its paid for....WHAT A DEAL !.....its the way for many...join in the fun...nothing for free in racing,,this includes spectating..

good luck.
Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 11-21-2007, 02:36 PM
rabiddawg
DYNO TECH

go here talk to big AL
he will help ya out Im sure.
best to call him though he had a layaway plan for a few people i know in the area.
http://www.bigalstoybox.com/
Old 11-21-2007, 03:13 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

When I was about 18 years old there was a SUPER SHOPS near here and they had a lay away plan.That was the greatest thing ever. pay whatever you could..whenever you could.no minimum. I built my first two motors like that. Wish they were still in business.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:25 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

tod i remember the super shops well...lol....that one slipped my mind...how about "Auto Shack"...now 'Advance Auto"..or "Auto zone"..

i built my 1st top end (cam, heads,tunnel ram) by myself when i was 15 yrs old...several old speed shops..parts sitting in the floor. purchased a tunnel ram with a pair of 660 center squirters,,,bolted on a set of double hump heads..and a cheap flat tappet cam from 'Auto Shack"......71 camaro with a 411 gear......drove it back and forth to High school..no hood etc.....gas was way cheaper in those days...

didn't mean to steal thread here ..just good memories

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 11-22-2007, 02:07 AM
edvancedengines
DYNO OPERATOR

Location: VA Hospital, Dallas, Tx (214 302 1924) cell-972-464-7400

I think that most engines I build get built on the *Lay-Awake Plan * .

In your case you are asking about a referral of someone you can trust that will hold the parts for you to pay them out. I can think of one guy that may. To tell you the truth possibly two. Just for kicks make a phone call to Littlefield and ask for Mert. He does a great job of bending over backwards to try to help racers. Possibly he will do this for you. He is honest and is a great guy. It is also possible that Gary Dyer might if he is still there at Dyer's Superchargers. Another possibility would be Bill Doucet in Louisiana. He is honest and trustworthy. His shop is Doucett's Machine.

Your best bet is to bank the money as you can afford it or put it into a pre-paid debt card and when you get enough saved to keep your eyes open for good deals. Doing it this way, if by chang=ce things for you got worse you can keep your money and have it for emergencies. If you send layaway payments some people will not give you refunds.

Ed.