1ST date with Alcohol Results are in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-17-2007, 06:37 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Default 1ST date with Alcohol Results are in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok guys here is an instant reply my 1st date on Alcohol........

i was at the 10.5 extreme Outlaw Race and they had 45 minute test -n-tune rounds between Qualifying....so i got a shake at 2 passes..here they are play for play..

1st Pass- after 45 minutes of working heat into motor and making a short run on return road i used approx 4 gallons of alcohol..car was VERY,VERY RESPONSIVE on return road...

staged the car..locked her in with transbrake..brougt it up to 2,000 rpm..last 2 lights before green brought it up on two step to 4,000 rpm (split second)..sounded like a 4 speed dumping clutch.. ( ahh Vince..not quite huh..lol)
As soon as i let go of the transbreak..the CAR STOOD STRAIGHT UP ON THE BACK BUMPER..what was so bad is that it went LEFT FRONT 1ST (almost like roll but jury still out on that..was it a roll?or did i get it above instant center and it binded up..like a bulldozer works..tom and i discussed this theory tonight) the passenger side followed until i reached max height and scraped the rear valance panel...( i do not do me a Vince or Todd,or Tim Tosto wheel stand,,their's are pretty mine was just plain NASTY and unproductive)..IT WAS A SHOCK !! THIS CAR HAS NEVER DONE THIS BEFORE,, EVER !!!..i kept enough sense about me to not completey let off but instead i PEDDLED car and got the front tires back down with no damage to car (LUCKY)..WHEWW !!...As the front end settled i was back into it (gas) and had to SHORT peddle just before high gear..got into high gear and made it thru traps...The car really starting pulling HARD once everything got settle down...

So after all this...i still ran a

5.98 et @ almost 116mph...with a 3.88 330FT..

Now get this...with dragging the back bumper,and peddling..i still had a 1.32 60 FT......i really was shocked at this beacuse everything happened so fast and violently off the line i could not GAGE my 60 ft....

So this ALCOHOL caused my car to become possessed....Maybe some of this was my FAULT..i was in un-charted water with this ALCOHOL thing along with the intake swap and i went up there just like my old intake GAS passes..and left at 4,000 rpm..WITH NO WHEELIE BARS...i should have left softer and felt this out 1st.....

To be honest i under estimated the extra power i would be making on the Alcohol..I MADE A MISTAKE....and it almost cost me....i DID NOT recognize the power nor did the car..lol ..i dont have a video of this pass..(wife wasn't there)..had a buddy of mine with me ..but do have the time slip..

The 2nd pass i brought up on the break at 4,000 rpm...the car went to lift left font and pulled right..so i aborted run,,within 60ft...during the course of this i threw off #7 spark plug wire at the plug..thought i had hurt the motor..and was relieve to see the boot had been shaken off..plugged it back up and motor fine..

There is no doubt i left 2 to 2.5 tenths on the table..i see the car in the 5.70 range when we make our return in the spring..until then i will comb the car over like a Monkey with fleas..AND THERE WILL BE A SET OF WHEELIE BARS on the car next time out..

also picked up 2mph from the 1st pass WITH wheel stand and 2 peddles...i see 3 to 4 mph pick up being able to lay it down from the line...

thanks for listening and support..I look forward to next year as everyone does.

Brian
Old 11-17-2007, 06:51 PM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

Brian man that sounded great you just need some bars to keep it down so you can stay on it. Well that's great an glad you did not hurt anything. I guess we will be waiting for spring to get here.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:12 PM
lookingaround
RACING JUNKIE

the alky woke it up some. sounding like its going to be a fun ride when you get it all figured out
Old 11-17-2007, 07:24 PM
gs97s10chevy
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Sounds like it all went well with good info and glad you defenitly didnt hurt your car Brian . I know id need some depends for that ride :lol: wish you had cam on you would be good for reviewing reactions of car .. and well good for us to see as well :wink: Gary
Old 11-17-2007, 07:29 PM
mytmouz
RACING JUNKIE

Nice pedalfest!
Old 11-17-2007, 07:31 PM
gdmii
MASTER BUILDER

Welcome to the club. Now you're a believer. Now you can tell those lost souls that say you might pick up 2 tenths, or that you can't run an electric pump to pound sand. You set the hook today, now you just have to real it in. I could have sworn though that I read in a thread that you picked up a set of wheelie bars. I'm sure you've figured by now that they don't do ya much good if they're not on the car.

Congrats on the effort. The time slip will be there. Only thing left now is to get the car where it can handle it.

George
Old 11-17-2007, 08:38 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

HeHe, now dat's funny and impressive.
I didn't need whellie bars until i switched to Alcohol on my little motor @ 3250lbs. best 60ft before 1.44, after 1.39.
Funny thing happened to me one nite when i had 6.20 gears in the car, i raised the wheelie bars up to the top notch, came out at 5500, the car went straight up and right and i heard this scrubbing noise. I thought i got in touch with the wall. Got back to the pits and no scraches on the paint Whew!! What the hell was that noise. When i started tying the car down in the trailer, i see two 1 1/4 inche grooves cut into the fiberglass bumper about 1/8" deep. I don't do that any more :lol:

Bottom line Alcohol will wake them up no matter what size motor.

It sounds like you had fun and i'm sure you are looking forward to next spring BJ as i am.

Sorry guys didn't mean to high jack the thread ops:

Zip.
Old 11-18-2007, 03:13 AM
bowtie4542001
DYNO OPERATOR

Brian
You are making me jealous. I believe I want some alcohol now I was close with my predicitions. Great job. Do you have some videos?

Chris
Old 11-18-2007, 03:59 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by gdmii
Welcome to the club. Now you're a believer. Now you can tell those lost souls that say you might pick up 2 tenths, or that you can't run an electric pump to pound sand. You set the hook today, now you just have to real it in. I could have sworn though that I read in a thread that you picked up a set of wheelie bars. I'm sure you've figured by now that they don't do ya much good if they're not on the car.

Congrats on the effort. The time slip will be there. Only thing left now is to get the car where it can handle it.

George
you are ohh so correct George !!! :shock: :shock: ..i do have a nice set of chrome wheelie Bars lying in the shop floor..DAMN..i was so concerned with everything else..those bars never crossed my mind...THERE ARE NOW...just like the song ("GEORIGA ON MY MIND").. :roll:

zipper not even close to hijacking..more like participating..and i like to hear others 1st time date's with their Alcohol obession.. :wink:

This Christmas santa is going to bring a cam corder...i am gonna strap her in the car and show a drivers verison..i would have give Big money to have had one in there yesterday.....although is was really a bad day at track it was ALSO A GOOD day..the learning curve shortened,,i saw what the alcohol can DO....and TRUST ME IT WILL LIGHT YOUR STUFF UP....i Feel with a front end tie down,wheelie bars and POSSIBLY a small adjust pre-load i will be able to bring her out without peddling..

We are going back today to watch the finals,,heads up 5.99 class
and the 10.5 outlaw extreme finals...2,000 payout no Entry fee.

OHH by the way the Organe Honda was there yesterday..swapping ends..all over the place...i am curiuos to see what he does..the guy is either nuts are just does't have any respect.. :idea:

later and have a great Sunday.

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 11-18-2007, 04:42 AM
bowtie4542001
DYNO OPERATOR

Okay,

I am convienced!!!!!!!! I want me some alcohol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -