Thread: TRACTION BAR SETUP

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER

TRACTION BAR SETUP

I just installed caltracs on a 80 chevy fullsize truck and the rear mounts are weld on mounts.I thought that my measurements was correct and after i welded the mounts on i noticed that one side was off,i measured again and it was about 1/4 off.What i am asking is shouldn't that still be ok since the tubes are adjustable.Thanks

caltracs

I just went ahead and cut the mounts off and reinstalled them.I found the mistake, i took measurements off the spring perches and found out the hard way that the ends are not exactly true.Anyway i welded them back on and got them right this time.

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR
    good work and glad to see it worked out for you.
    Wesley
    60' 1.30
    5.58 @ 127.89

traction bars

Thanks woodsman.I am sure it would have been fine the way it was but when i do something i like to do my best to do it right.That way i don't have it on my mind all the time.

traction bars

Now i will just have to try and get the bars adjusted right(preload).Anyone have any tips on getting the caltracs adjusted properly.

Am thinking that a good starting point would be to adjust them so that the stop bolt is just making contact with the top of the spring. Have someone that weighs the same as you sit in the drivers seat while you adjust them.
    You lift,...you lose.