Vinyl decals for my racecar help needed...

Old 11-15-2007, 05:36 PM
bignastygs
SENIOR BUILDER

Default Vinyl decals for my racecar help needed...

Anyone know where I can get vinyl decals to look like this? I want to have Gold letters similar to this. I have contacted a few graphics companies but noone seems to want to help. Trying to get the car looking like it was raced in the 70's and this was a popular choice of lettering for Buicks.
[/img]
Old 11-15-2007, 05:37 PM
bignastygs
SENIOR BUILDER

or even this...

[img][/img]
Old 11-15-2007, 06:49 PM
signsbyesa
RACING JUNKIE

i can get you some selections of gold, i run a sign shop, I can maybe
send you some pics of the gold, you would be looking at around
$200 to $300 for both sides not including shipping you show 2 colors
gold and blk 8)
Old 11-17-2007, 08:44 AM
thetanman101
JUNIOR BUILDER

Originally Posted by bignastygs
or even this...

[img][/img]
That's one interesting trunk lid support you got there!
Old 11-17-2007, 01:30 PM
bignastygs
SENIOR BUILDER

Well the top car is Rick Henderson's which another friend photo shopped my cars name on it and used the black home town name of where I live. Thats the look I kinda want to use,but my car is a red/orange and I thought the Gold would stick out. As for the 2nd car (Reynolds),there is a big story about that car and the man in the trunk.
That car was a Buick sponsored car which Kenne-Bell used to drag race in their class. There were 2 cars that were campaigned in 70. The other was run by Jones and Benisick, This car above has been meticulously restored to race condition by Guy Parquette. I have seen this car and can say its super nice and clean. Its also great to see a former racecar get the respect it deserves to be kept up. The guy in the trunk is Dennis Manner the father of the 455 Buick motor. He is a wealth of useful info about the 455 motor and worked for Buick in the developmental area. They even cast some experimental Stage 2 heads as well as a tunnel ram for a 455. There also is at least 1 455 with 4 bolt mains in the block,but as far as I know, the whole package was never put together and run. There are 3-4 people who bought the X block,heads and tunnel ram and have it assembled for show purposes. Denny is seen in that pic signing his autograph in Guys trunk. He signed that car as well as the Jones/Benisick cars.He was in the trunk since it was easier to sign like that than to be hunched over.
Old 11-18-2007, 03:39 PM
pappy1
APPRENTICE

I get mine from a guy in Md. Near Cecil County

[email protected]
Old 12-20-2007, 02:50 PM
fla1976
RACING JUNKIE

Default Gold vinyl

I made the lettering for my car and I found the vinyl material on EBay. I had the plotter /cutter and it worked out pretty good. It was harder applying the vinyl than cutting it.
Old 12-20-2007, 06:13 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

THAT USED TO BE CALLED GOLD LEAF---MY DADS WORK TRUCKS AND WAGONS ALL WERE LETTERED LIKE THAT FOR LOTS OF YEARS ---IT WAS AVAILABLE IN A SPECIAL PAINT FORM PROCESS BACK THEN/ YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO COPY IT IN VINYL OR PAINT---GOOD LUCK---LIVELY
Old 01-20-2008, 07:18 AM
rob41willys
SENIOR BUILDER

yes you can get the gold leaf looking vinyl. Thats what I used for my competition numbers, Maybe not as nice as the real thing but pretty close and much cheaper and easier to apply