Meet my Friend Danny Porter..1979 Honda

Old 11-14-2007, 03:35 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Default Meet my Friend Danny Porter..1979 Honda

ok you think Hondas are for Gas Mileage......well think again.

the vidieo your about to see is Danny Porter from Anderson S.C...HE lives 20 minutes from me and is the fastest run what your brung outlaw car at our local track..our home track is Wareshoals s.c...Zipper knows it as the former 'SARTLIGHT DRAGSTRIP"..

this Honda was built by danny from top to bottom..it has a blown alcohol big block...10w tires...and a 84 inch wheel base...

he does a lot of Grudge money racing (heads up)..i will post a few threads where he was running for 3k per round....vids are from Carolina Drage strip "House of hook" and "Ware shoals:.....

i just wonder if ALWAYSCONSISTANT would like a little bit of this Orange Honda....ENJOY !

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mYzKNmi-F2I
http://youtube.com/watch?v=csrou8GSqBM&feature=related
http://youtube.com/watch?v=AXgTUVVrNGY&feature=related
http://youtube.com/watch?v=hpwxnuFE0aw&feature=related

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 11-14-2007, 04:41 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Man that's impressive with 84" wheel base, makes me feel better about the Anglia since i streched it to 92" from 88"

Aah!!!!, Anderson my old home town in the late 60's

Zip.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:52 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by zipper06
Man that's impressive with 84" wheel base, makes me feel better about the Anglia since i streched it to 92" from 88"

Aah!!!!, Anderson my old home town in the late 60's

Zip.
hey Zip you know i live in Anderson Now..

listen to the announcer on the 2nd video where Danny ran the Orange 69 camaro...you have to listen closley but he says...

"""ahhh yes the boys came down from Anderson and loaded up the camaro"........of course he has a strong S.C. accent so ANDERSON sounds like ANDIISuN...YOU BEEN HERE YOU KNOW WHAT I AM SAYING ?

bY the way this was a big money PRE-SET heads up PRO-TREE grudge race..3,000 was the pot...the orange camaro is no Slug..its a BBC 4 sec NOS car that has won its share...the Honda is just hot right now..its very impressive to watch in person....i swear he is running 160 mph when he drops off that hill in the traps at Wareshoals ( Starlight)....in the 1/8 with little shut down and a creek at the end of it..and no lights...REMEMBER ZIP ?

LOL

Brian

Old 11-14-2007, 06:32 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

How well i remember, there was only a light at the very end where the turn off was.
Where you live in Anderson? i lived just off the hwy going toward Greenville in a little suburb maybe 1 mile out. there was maybe 8 houses in there at that time.

Zip.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:43 PM
Murff
MASTER BUILDER

Golly!
Old 11-15-2007, 01:38 AM
excelerater
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

whats it weigh
Old 11-15-2007, 04:16 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

i really do not know what it weighs..but it couldn't be a whole lot being so small..its all steel..stock front end and 2x3 frame rails back,,,i had a 63 VW..all steel with simliar set up but a fabbed front end all 2x3 frame rails and it weighed 2375 w/o driver...so i would say the Honda is well under 2500lbs worse case senerio..

zipper. i live off hwy 8..runs from Easley to Anderson crosses hwy I-85 ( main interstate from Atlanta to Charolette)...
by listening to your directions..sounds like you lived off hwy 81..which runs from Anderson to Greenville.

Move back...i need a good side kick...lol

Brian
Old 11-15-2007, 04:20 AM
qtrmile2
DYNO OPERATOR

Pretty impressive to say the least. I'm not sure if I have enough to drive that. Short wheel base can be a handful at times.
Pretty cool though :wink:
Old 11-15-2007, 04:22 AM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by qtrmile2
Pretty impressive to say the least. I'm not sure if I have enough to drive that. Short wheel base can be a handful at times.
Pretty cool though :wink:
What he said.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:29 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

i will agree with that also....not many people could jump in that car and run it....that car is jumps, shoots and runs...would really intimidate a-lot of people that can drive a fast cars....
i had a 96 inch wheel base that i ran 5.60's and i assure you it was a handful...

i watched danny bring this car out 2 years ago,,he was all over the place..he has really dialed it in the last 18 months..

We still call him crazy..lol..

Brian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -