Brownfield 210 heads

Old 11-10-2007, 05:52 AM
wrightway
SENIOR BUILDER

Default Brownfield 210 heads

I pickup a set of Brownfield 210 heads real cheap and I am planning to use them next year instead of my current sportsmen heads that ran a best of 10.24 hoping for 10 flat or better
The Brownfield heads are 210s with 64cc and 2.08 valves so far I leaned that warren Brownfield is the man who started afr heads if this is true but what id like to know is the flow numbers of these heads
If anyone knows the numbers or were I can find them let me know
Thanks joe
Old 11-10-2007, 06:26 AM
Pwmax
MASTER BUILDER

It is true, that is who originaly started Afr, not directly, Rick Sperling, who owned Air flow Reasearch, mainly a head porting shop way back, bought out Brownfield, the equiptment, etc, then re-named the AFR, then over the years adapted to the markets, and continued improving them etc. So, with that said, the heads you have will work. They are old though. Been around a long time

Frank
Advanced Performance
www.get-ap.com
Old 11-10-2007, 09:09 AM
edvancedengines
DYNO OPERATOR

Location: VA Hospital, Dallas, Tx (214 302 1924) cell-972-464-7400

Rick Sperling, who owned Air flow Reasearch, mainly a head porting shop way back, bought out Brownfield, the equiptment, etc, then re-named the AFR, then over the years adapted to the markets, and continued improving them etc. So, with that said, the heads you have will work. They are old though. Been around a long time

Frank
Advanced Performance
Correct statement.

Warren Brownfield was before AFR. Actually I think that Sperling was establishing AFR before he took over Brownfield.

Those old heads were very good in their day. I wouldn't have a bit of a problem using them in something I personally owned today if they are in good shape and have not been butchered.l

I liked the old Brownfield heads.

Ed
Old 11-10-2007, 03:39 PM
wrightway
SENIOR BUILDER

[/quote]

Those old heads were very good in their day. I wouldn't have a bit of a problem using them in something I personally owned today if they are in good shape and have not been butchered.l

I liked the old Brownfield heads.

Ed[/quote]

I know they aren’t as good as the AFR but if it picks up at all over the sportsmen’s than I will use them for a year or so till I find a deal on a better set of heads

Joe