Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hellva ride even after changing my underwear i'm shaking

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE

Hellva ride even after changing my underwear i'm shaking

Just happened to me about 4 hrs. ago!!!,
    I'm cruising down the 4 lane hwy, in my duelly crewcab comming from Walmart since i had been out of town for two weeks (needed groceries) about 1/4 mile from the turn off to my road at 70 MPH and all of a sudden there's one heck of a bump and the front end jumps up about 3 foot then drops to the ground on the right side. I was running paralell to an S10. the lower ball joint broke and pulled the top one out seperating the wheel, spindle, rotar, and of course no brakes. I'm in the fast lane and the S10 in the slow lane, he pulls over immediately and i'm sliding down the road for about 400/500 ft on the lower control arm. i manage to keep it in my lane and get it off to a turn around safely, but i'm concerned that the wheel may have hit him. about 3 minutes later he drives up and ask if i'm O'K, actually i was but i look in the back seat of his S10 3 dr., there's a 4 or 5 yrs. old little girl in a child seat. He had hit the brakes so hard to avoid the tire and hardware it had almost dislodged the child from the car seat. The child was O'k and he was O'k and so was I.
    Believe me i said a mini prayer right then because God was definately watching out for all involved.
    All 4 ball joints were less than 2 yrs. old, you just never can know when something will happen.

Zip.

you are a lucky man and the guy and kid beside you to.hate to hear but glad no one got hurt

Glad everyone was unharmed.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE curtisreed's Avatar
    Glad God was watching over you all.

Curtis

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE mytmouz's Avatar
    Glad everyone is OK.
    If you think nobody cares, try missing a payment...

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR
    Glad God was watching over you all.
    Wesley
    60' 1.30
    5.58 @ 127.89

might want to clean them shorts, holy smoke sounds like you had a hell of a ride!!!!! glad you and people in s10 didnt get hurt

Senior Member EXPERT BUILDER
    thank god you kept your kool on this..could had been really bad if you hadn't..

Administrator RACING JUNKIE
    We was getting ready to send out another apb on you Zipper we missed you here again :P

Glad things worked out for you and you got safely stopped,I know it would have made some stuff in my shorts too :P Great to have you around Zip
    There Is 1 Thing Better Than Cubic Inches,,,More Of Them

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR
    Zip, glad your ok, and the others involved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dont need another dead friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! would miss ya,David.