Question on Chassis class ,Jegster kit

Old 11-06-2007, 01:57 PM
BigTruckDriver
SHOW GUEST

Default Question on Chassis class ,Jegster kit

What class would this chassis fall into? The front cross member does not come in the kit if I tied the 2x3" tube into the stock front crossmember would it pass as a back half car?
Old 11-06-2007, 03:52 PM
mcracecars
EXPERT BUILDER

what class are you looing to run in.....?
that chassis pic would be good for most cars down to 8.50. Typical super gas 9.90 or super comp 8.90 would be ok. Bracket class down to 8.50
anything quicker would require a 25.5 spec chassis, lots more bars and funnycar cage. But 25.5 in mild steel... that all seems to be up in the air right now.

for super street or any 10.5 class, check with the lcoal rules about what you can use for the front end, and or stock floor and firewall stuff.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:08 PM
BigTruckDriver
SHOW GUEST

Originally Posted by mcracecars
what class are you looing to run in.....?
that chassis pic would be good for most cars down to 8.50. Typical super gas 9.90 or super comp 8.90 would be ok. Bracket class down to 8.50
anything quicker would require a 25.5 spec chassis, lots more bars and funnycar cage. But 25.5 in mild steel... that all seems to be up in the air right now.

for super street or any 10.5 class, check with the lcoal rules about what you can use for the front end, and or stock floor and firewall stuff.
Well trying to figure my options. I have a 75 vega that I am looking into setting it up for the track. I have looked into the super street and the 10.5 classes and this chassis is out of the question for those classes. Also, setting up the vega to run in those classes seems like a lot of work for not so great of performance.... I think I would be able to afford a backhalf "class" but by the time I do a 10-12 point cage, sub connectors , backhalf rear suspension, and extensive and expensive stock front end work to have the car pieced together with sections and cheap sheet metal. I think something like this kit from jegs with a strut front end will give me a more consistent car.Just want to see where I can get in.....
Old 11-06-2007, 05:27 PM
fastbowtie
MASTER BUILDER

Unless your determind to have A brand new ride Try looking for A good Quality roller that fits your needs .There are alot of them out there for A whole lot less than you can build your Vega for . Yes some may need a little updating but when season opens back up it will be ready to go alot of time tackling a build like your planning you very well might miss the beginning of the season .
just my 2 cents Good Luck
Old 11-06-2007, 06:52 PM
BigTruckDriver
SHOW GUEST

If I were to go this route would I need subconnectors?
Old 11-07-2007, 07:56 PM
edvancedengines
DYNO OPERATOR

Location: VA Hospital, Dallas, Tx (214 302 1924) cell-972-464-7400

Strong suggestion,
The first pic is for a kit or completed chassis that Jegs did as an entry into the Chassis market. It is called a Jegster. Not a good design and will not handle much power. It is ok for bracket cacing, index racing in the slower speeds, Super/Street 10.90 racing. and Super Gas 9.90 racing. For anything quicker it needs lots of diagonal bracing addded.

I am not talking about rules, I am talking about real. That chassis design has too many bars running parelell and few diagonal bars.

The second kit you posted is also good maybe for the same speeds and performance. Neither will handle much power with tires hooked.

What do you have?
What are you trying to do?

What is your total budget for car only with chassis all done?
You can buy both mild steel and chromolly that is already fittedt and welded for not a ton of money. If you can fabricate and can weld there are several kits available that are very good.

Tell us more info?

Ed
Old 11-09-2007, 10:21 AM
BigTruckDriver
SHOW GUEST

I have a vega and trying to get it on the track safely to have some fun!!! I think I can afford 600hp. Do you have a engine shop here in town? I am in Dallas.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:01 AM
edvancedengines
DYNO OPERATOR

I am in Plano.
I know a few good local chassis shops. One that is very good and reasonable for his quality is in Rockwall. If you alreday have bought a Jegster and it is in the car, he can do quite a lot at making it better.

If you haven't bought anyoone's kit and are planning on buying a kit and having a chassis shop to fit and weld it all together, I will suggest to just talk with a few chassis shops about installing a pre made kit and about buinding one from scratch. You may be surprised.

Will be happy to talk with you about an engine. Best time to call is at night.
972-633-0563

Sometimes during the day I hear the phone or can talk but usually am very busy.

Ed
Old 11-09-2007, 11:23 AM
BigTruckDriver
SHOW GUEST

What could we do to support these heads in a 383 or 400 sbc block with forges assmbly for nitrous?

Dart pro1 72cc, 215 intake runners.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:24 PM
edvancedengines
DYNO OPERATOR

What could we do to support these heads in a 383 or 400 sbc block with forges assmbly for nitrous?

Dart pro1 72cc, 215 intake runners.
I can not understand your meaning?
"Support these heads"

(?)

Ed

Ps,
Haven't had a call from you, I don't think.