Need disc brake set up

Old 11-04-2007, 05:21 AM
qtrmile2
DYNO OPERATOR

Default Need disc brake set up

Hey guys,
I'm lookinmg for some advise on putting front disc brakes on my 67 Camaro. I 'm not to worried about weight because the car will go 10.90 in the heat. Just want to get this thing to stop. I've got drum brakes on all fours now. No power brake booster on the car now. I'm looking for a good complete set up. It's only going 128 mph 1/4 mile now but it's hard to stop on a short track.
Thanks for your help and advise
Old 11-04-2007, 09:03 AM
mcracecars
EXPERT BUILDER

Strange or Wilwood have complete kits.....you would need to change the master cylinder as well. Give strange a call or email for their recomendations. They are very helpful.
www.strangeengineering.net
I would also recomend if you have not already done it, would be to replace the brake lines and flex lines. 40 year old flex lines will give out on you when you really need them.....
Old 11-13-2007, 09:07 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Need disc brake set up

Originally Posted by qtrmile2
Hey guys,
I'm lookinmg for some advise on putting front disc brakes on my 67 Camaro. I 'm not to worried about weight because the car will go 10.90 in the heat. Just want to get this thing to stop. I've got drum brakes on all fours now. No power brake booster on the car now. I'm looking for a good complete set up. It's only going 128 mph 1/4 mile now but it's hard to stop on a short track.
Thanks for your help and advise
I've got late model Malibu's on th fronf of mine and 9" fords on the back off a big ford, they are all heavy but i run no booster and it will stop at any track i've ever been too, in fact i can make the first turn off in the qtr,at Memphis but i only run 124mph

It's cheap and works.

Zip.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:32 PM
edvancedengines
DYNO OPERATOR

Location: VA Hospital, Dallas, Tx (214 302 1924) cell-972-464-7400

If you want to do a little work to get it to all fit, you could swap out your entire control arms, and brakes to the 86 to 94 C4 Corvette Aluminum control arms, aluminum brakes. and even go a liittle further and buy a master cylinder adapter from Master Brakes and use the lightweight aluminum master cylinder and booster.

If that isn't enough, you can them with a little work to fab a bracket to hold the caliper mount the aluminum rear brakes from the same car onto you housing. The fitment is easy to do.

If you did all I named it would sve you several hundred pounds and give superb stopping with brakes you can buy parts for anywhere.

Ed
Old 11-15-2007, 05:00 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by edvancedengines
If you want to do a little work to get it to all fit, you could swap out your entire control arms, and brakes to the 86 to 94 C4 Corvette Aluminum control arms, aluminum brakes.

Ed
Ed...just exactly what kind of work and how much exactly to make em fit? I have a 70 nova and I think the front clip is very similar to the camaro.