th 350 problem

Old 11-03-2007, 09:00 PM
kw89425
MASTER BUILDER

Default th 350 problem

went to the track warming the car up i went through all three gears twice then into second down to first to let a car pass. was easing along in first 5:13 gears so i slipped into 2nd and it locked like i put it in park messed me up a tad. it works super in 1st and reverse locks in 2nd and 3rd??
Old 11-07-2007, 02:29 AM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Definetly have some internal issues inside your tranny.
I woudln't drive it anymore to keep metal debris from trashing what you have left inside that is good.
I'd pull it and take the front pump out and start disassembling the broken parts may just fall into your hands so be careful.
Goodluck, Charles
Old 11-07-2007, 05:20 AM
signsbyesa
RACING JUNKIE

mandatory upgrade, if they open it up can u take a pic
of the damage and post, man locking up like park while
the car is running, what did it do to the teeth, my wife did
that in the driveway but not enough to damage but the
noise, narly.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:40 PM
kw89425
MASTER BUILDER

well its been cold i havent taken it out yet. i was hoping somebody might give me a direction as to where to look first. think im going to be a tranny man soon. lol
Old 11-09-2007, 01:08 PM
jmarksdragster
RACING JUNKIE

Sounds like the low/reverse clutch or center support sprag is locked. Good luck....
Put a glide in it and end your problems.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:46 PM
ingear12
SHOW GUEST

Sounds like the intermediate roller let go, this will jam up 2nd at times. Internal Failure.
Old 11-23-2007, 10:30 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

go ahead and splurg and put you a JERICHO in the car ( fresh) you want have those problems anymore..for that matter you really will not need to use the clutch much...lol

http://www.racingjunk.com/post/1025251/For-Sale.html

good luck...i got a good reasonable tranny man here..if you want his # just pm me...

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 12-01-2007, 10:14 AM
kw89425
MASTER BUILDER

ok guys i took my trans apart. front 2 drums were fine. when i went to take out the tail shaft i found broken parts. bearing? sprag? i dont know exctly what it is looks like a bearing to me but im no trans guy. somebody tell me what it is. there were 16 rollers in it. clutch roller bearing? still i dont see how that was making it lockup in 2nd and 3rd. isnt the back 1st and rev.?
Old 12-06-2007, 11:23 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

That would be a sprag. I wouldn't reccomend you trying to rebuild it yourself since your not familar with them already,
I'd take it to a local tranny shop or someone more familar with rebuilding transmissions, I'm sure there's other damage there and just sticking another sprag in is just asking for trouble.
Things you can do while its being rebuilt would be flushing out the converter and trans cooler lines and the cooler it self BEFORE you go back with the rebuilt trans.
A spray can of brake clean or a can d natured alcohol will work good on the cooler and lines just spray the brake clean in the lines or pour the alcohol in and use a rubber tipped air nozzle and blow them out till the solvent runs clear out the other end.
Also you'll need to clean the valve body as well but the tranny shop should take care of that if you have it rebuilt.
Goodluck, Charles
Old 12-07-2007, 01:52 PM
jmarksdragster
RACING JUNKIE

You can get cooler flush in a can at some of the parts stores. Broken intermediate sprag.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -