MILITARY QUOTES WORTH NOTING

Old 10-30-2007, 11:47 AM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

Default MILITARY QUOTES WORTH NOTING

I have no empirical proof these are true but they would be hard to argue otherwise.

Curtis

When in England at a fairly large conference, Colin Powell was asked by the Archbishop of Canterbury if our plans for Iraq were just an example of empire building by George Bush. He answered by saying, "Over the years, the United States has sent many of it's fine young men and women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return is enough to bury those that did not return."

It became very quiet in the room.

Then there was a conference in France where a number of international engineers were taking part, including French and American. During a break one of the French engineers came back into the room saying "Have you heard the latest dumb stunt Bush has done? He has sent an aircraft carrier to Indonesia to help the tsunami victims. What does he intend to do, bomb them?"

ABoeing engineer stood up and replied quietly: "Our carriers have three hospitals on board that can treat several hundred people; they are nuclear powered and can supply emergency power to shore facilities; they have three cafeterias with the capacity to feed 3,000 people three meals a day, they can produce several thousand gallons of fresh water from sea water each day, and they carry half a dozen helicopters for use in transporting victims and injured to and from their flight deck. =We have eleven such ships; how many does France have?"

Once again, dead silence.

A U.S. Navy Admiral was attending a naval conference that included Admirals from the U.S., Enflish, Canadian, Australian and French Navies. At a cocktail reception, he found himself standing with a large group of officers that included personnel from most of those countries. Everone was chatting away in English as they sipped their drings, but a French admiral suddenly complained that, "whereas Europeans learn many languages, Americans learn only English." He than asked, "Why is it that we always have to speak English in these conferences rather than speaking French?" Without hesitating, the American Admiral replied "maybe it is because the Brits, Canadians, Aussies and Americans arranged ti so you wouldn't have to speak German."

You could have heard a pin drop!
Old 10-30-2007, 01:23 PM
fastbowtie
MASTER BUILDER

Those are Great Here is one that can be backed up

Marine Corps General Reinwald was interviewed on the radio and you'll love his reply to the lady who interviewed him concerning guns and children. Regardless of how you feel about gun laws you gotta love this! It is a portion of National Public Radio (NPR) interview between a female broadcaster and US Marine Corps General Reinwald who was about to sponsor a Boy Scout Troop visiting his military installation.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: So, General Reinwald, what things are you going to teach these young boys when they visit your base?

GENERAL REINWALD: We're going to teach them climbing, canoeing, archery, and shooting.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: Shooting! That's a bit irresponsible, isn't it?

GENERAL REINWALD: I don't see why, they'll be properly supervised on the rifle range.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: Don't you admit that this is a terribly dangerous activity to be teaching children?

GENERAL REINWALD: I don't see how. We will be teaching them proper rifle discipline before they even touch a firearm.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: But you're equipping them to become violent killers.

GENERAL REINWALD: Well, Ma'am, you're equipped to be a prostitute, but you're not one, are you?

The radio went silent and the interview ended.

You gotta love the Marines!

AMERICA, THE HOME OF THE FREE …..BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE
Old 10-30-2007, 04:23 PM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

As one guy in the military once said...

Don't shoot until you see the whites of their eyes and if you can't see their eyes shoot em any damn way
Old 10-30-2007, 08:25 PM
ash
MASTER BUILDER

:lol: God Bless those in the military! And God Bless those Generals and Admirals! ......gotta love those quips! :lol: .....
Old 10-30-2007, 08:25 PM
fastbowtie
MASTER BUILDER

:idea: How Bout
NUKE EM till they Glow THEN Shoot em in the Dark
Old 10-30-2007, 08:30 PM
ash
MASTER BUILDER

:lol: :lol: ....sick,.just sick.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 10-31-2007, 04:27 AM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

My son is a Blackhawk pilot and is leaving with the 101st in early Jan. to go to Afganistan. Last week I got to get in a simulator with him and find out what it is like to fly a Blackhawk. He said I did a great job for my first time. I was able to hover without to much movement, take off and sort of land without killing us. We spent and hour and a half in there and I was worn out when we finished. That was on of the hardest things I've done in a while, kinda like herding chickens. Would love to get to do it again though.

Curtis

Me pinning his wings on at flight school graduation.

My son and his best friend from flight school.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:32 AM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

Curtis,

That is awesome and we are proud of your son as I know you are.

Without totally hijacking the thread, I want to congratulate you and your son!!!!

Thanks for sharing that.

Flight sims rock!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-31-2007, 04:35 AM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

Thanks Carl.

Curtis
Old 11-06-2007, 12:20 PM
ash
MASTER BUILDER

God Bless him and keep him safe!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -