Considering this car, what do you guys think?

Old 10-22-2007, 05:17 PM
Murff
MASTER BUILDER

Default Considering this car, what do you guys think?

My nephew has been wanting a Fiat bodied altered for a while now. I showed him this ad http://www.racingjunk.com/post/99097...y-to-race.html today. He called the guy, sounds like it has all the right stuff for a roller.

Seller stated it was a three year old Art Morrison chassis. Since Morrison's is local to me and I know a couple of the guys there I thought I would contact them and get their feedback, too.

But of course I value the opinions of total strangers that I occasionally interact with on the internet, too. So, hit me.

Nephew has a 434" SBC and JW 'glide now, in an all steel '37 Chev sedan that runs 10.50's all day long.

Does this look like our next race car?

Murff
Old 10-22-2007, 07:03 PM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

It depends on the type of racing you would like to do. Personally, taking nothing away from the car, is it going to be a competitive bracket car week in and week out. If you are looking to run some Supercharged Outlaws stuff or quick 16 race, then maybe it would not be a bad deal. Either way, it is all about what you like and want to drive. Good luck to you.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:15 PM
pro69dart
SHOW GUEST

well...you definately cannot build it for that
Old 10-23-2007, 06:29 AM
spib
RACING JUNKIE

thats a cool looking ride, is the 37 going bye,bye I myself have seen the 37 this year when I met murff, And I have seen this 37 at pacific race before, I also love that 37 murff it is cool and fast!!!!!
Old 10-23-2007, 07:35 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

i personally do not know any classes around here i could run the car and call it consistant..they weigh nothing..it will be very fast no matter what motor is in it..
its all about what you want personally i dont care much for them...but for someone wanting a fiat and wanting a fast hairy ride for cheap then thats the tickit..
so bottom line what are you looking to accomplish?

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 10-23-2007, 05:28 PM
Murff
MASTER BUILDER

Brian -

Fast, hairy ride pretty much sums it up. Quite frankly I don't think he has given much thought as to how he would campaign it. We have a friend with a '23 T altered, 565 (I think) injected on alky, runs in the mid 7's. He's often out at Pacific running Saturday night brackets in Super Pro. He also won Night of Fire at Boise's Firebird Raceway this year.

So I guess this little Fiat would just be a go fast car, maybe stop it down (if needed) for running in index classes.

As to the '37, it's fate hasn't been decided yet. May become a street rod or maybe find a family member to run it in a street radial class. Or it may just sit for a few years until the next generation of family matures a bit.

Figures, tho'. Just when I start working on a combination for my Falcon that will let me run heads up with my nephew he goes and shops a new car thats probably 1800 lbs lighter than the '37.