Chassis engineering struts

Old 10-22-2007, 05:41 AM
scot9055
APPRENTICE

Default Chassis engineering struts

Has anyone ever put spindle mount wheels on chassis engineering struts??? I have called Chassis eng. but after 25 minutes of waiting I finally got someone on the phone and he told me "not sure it's possible" so I'm still looking for answers.... Scott
Old 10-22-2007, 06:45 PM
Racefab57
DYNO OPERATOR

not that famillar with there struts but ask em what the spindle size is! I know strange sells em with anglia or a strange spindle!!! so if they can give you diminsons (sorry cant spell so good some times), then cross em over to strange by calling -talk to jeff he should know!!!!! David,
Old 10-23-2007, 09:05 PM
mcracecars
EXPERT BUILDER

scott, not sure what you are asking here, chassis engineering website shows only strange struts that they sell.
strange struts kits are all the same execept that they offer them with 3 different brake kits , light med and heavy duty. Same strut, different brake kit.
Do you already have the struts?? What is it you are looking to do here...??
Old 10-25-2007, 07:09 AM
scot9055
APPRENTICE

Default struts

Yes, I already have the Chassis Engineering struts on my car. They are a couple of years old but still new, only like 15 passes on them. I would like to put spindle mount wheels on front of my car but can't seem to find out which ones will fit. It's not so much as the spindle mounts fitting the spindle, it's the brake assembly matching up thats the problem. I don't know what to order and C E don't seem to know either.
Thanks
Scott
Old 10-25-2007, 10:15 PM
Racefab57
DYNO OPERATOR

What brake setup???
Old 10-26-2007, 05:18 AM
mcracecars
EXPERT BUILDER

it seems chassis engineering sells strange struts....look on the side of your struts opposite the spindle and see if it says "strange" on it. If so, give strange a call and order their light weight (spindle mount) brake kit.
You will need to tell them what wheel you want to run , as there are 2 different offset hats available.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:36 AM
scot9055
APPRENTICE

Mine says Chassis Engineering on them.... So I'll probably end up having to change struts to get the spindle mounts?