Sellers What are you thinking

Old 10-21-2007, 09:20 PM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

Default Sellers What are you thinking

Well guy's iv been looking around on here and flea bay and the truck trader at a few trucks and i think these guy's are nut's if they think they are going to get the money they are asking for these vehicles maybe it's wishful thinking on there part but there's just no way look at the mile's and years of these trucks and will make you laugh maybe i was in the car business to long i don't know well i know the guy that bought mine was to happy for some reason . he had been looking at these also i guess.
Well that's enough for me .
One last thing if you guy's want to sell your trucks get out of the Kelly blue book dream and price them where they should be and they will sell.
off to the auction Tuesday to buy a truck. just though it was funny take a look
Old 10-22-2007, 06:15 AM
fastbowtie
MASTER BUILDER

Ron
Even though you havent talked to me about My truck and you are just making A general statement I thought I priced my truck pretty fairly when I listed it . Yes I did leave a little room in the price for negotiation because no matter what price you list something for people want just a little better deal . Considering the condition and all the options it has and what the truck can be bought for who ever buys it is actually getting one hell of A deal .
There are many people on this site that know my truck personally and can vouch for it . I was A wholesale auction buyer before for several years & for several dealerships at the same time .I gave it up back around 2000 so I could spend more time with my family and pursue what I enjoy the most doing what I do now .
Yes you are correct there are some overpriced rides on here and maybe I just took it the wrong way with your generalized statement so forgive me for speaking up .
But I have had the wholesale steal the car auction mentality before .
Hell Maybe back then I might have thought the same thing . Sorry for all my ranting everyone .
Donn

http://www.racingjunk.com/post/99914...CHEVY-1TON.htm
Old 10-22-2007, 06:36 AM
jayss10
CRAFTSMAN

IVE SEEN DON'S TRUCK, ITS A SUPER SHARP TRUCK,ID SAY HIS PRICE IS FAIR ,.........WISH I HAD THE CASH ................JAY
Old 10-22-2007, 07:23 AM
SST4530
DYNO TECH

I looked at Don's truck and that looks like a fair price to me, considering it's diesel. If it were gas I would,'t even consider it with that milage but 120K on a diesel is nothing. I've got 160K on my 2002 duramax and it runs as good as the day I drove it off the dealership lot.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:04 AM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

Don I wasn't trying to make anybody mad or pick on there truck .
I was down sizing myself and i sold my truck it was a 03 Chev 3500 crew cab 4X4 with 70 k on it and a very sharp and clean truck i can post pic's of it .
And i sold it for what i thought was a good price 17.500 and i look around and see trucks with high miles and very used and the price's are ridiculous .
I was in the car business for many years and still dabble in it from to time
But i see people complaining about buyers and that they must not be any money out there well all I'm saying is a lot of them is crazy on these trucks if they think they are worth the kind of money they are asking .
sorry did not mean to offend you on your truck .
I guess i should have been more clear but i didn't want to post ad no#'s or names maybe they will get lucky and sell there unit .
I doubt it but who knows what people will pay. Just not me
But if you look around at some of these you will see what i mean.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:14 PM
mikkey
APPRENTICE

Default TRUCK'S

Alot depends when it comes to A big truck, one important fact is how the privious owner took care of it??miles on A gas truck makes A big difference, compared to A deisel, correct me if I'am wrong?(sounds like you sold your truck alittle bit cheap)asking 24,000 for A 04 is right in line, give's you alittle room to work, I have been in Donn's truck acouple weaks back,Heck I didn't want to tough anything it is that clean and let me tell you it is one nice unit, now whom ever looks at that truck will know on site that this truck has been maintained very well, And knowing Donn he has it standing tall inside and out, he's just that kind of guy, and the cusomer will know that at veiwing. Like you said look in the book's, everyone wants A deal but sometimes it may cost alittle bit more to get that deal,but your happy in the end...So shop till ya drop, I know one thing I would'nt buy out of A auction, unless you can do A carfax on the spot???Unless you just plan on turning it. Just my 2cent's :idea: :idea: :idea:
Old 10-22-2007, 03:14 PM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

You guy's maybe misunderstanding me I'm not picking on Don's truck i didn't even look at Don's truck until now .
I am just stating the facts most of these people are not living in the real world if they think they can get the price's they are asking .
I was looking at F-250's and Chev 2500 i just sold a 03 3500 crew 4X4 truck so i wasn't looking at Don's truck looks like a very nice truck
I could have priced mine out of the book also but i didn't the book said 25K
But lets be real you are not going to get that at least not around my area anyway and i buy from the auctions you just got to get there early and go out and look at what you are interested in and check it out .
I'm not talking about public auction thou. these are dealer only sales
There's a very good chance that the vehicle you got if you bought it used came from a auction. i worked as a buyer for many years
Old 10-22-2007, 06:40 PM
SST4530
DYNO TECH

Well heck thats the problem. I had a buddy that was a used car dealer and bought from auctions all the time. He thought everything should be bought and sold for auction or trade in value. It was only worth book or retail if he wanted to sell it. Reality is people want to get as much for there vehicles as possible, dealers always want to give nothing and ask to much.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:05 PM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

I'm not trying to piss anybody off or get any kind of fight started
And maybe i have been in the business and it affects the way i look at vehicles but if you walked on any car lot in this area and seen the prices I'm talking about you would just laugh and leave and say they was crazy and then again you would be right and so are some of these people to me and that's me .
I wish them the best of luck on there sale and don't hold it against anyone for trying to make a buck that's what it's all about we all need to make money to survive .
But i Myself will just look elsewhere for my truck.
I'm just saying maybe they need to adjust there price if they really would like to sell there vehicles that's all.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:57 AM
SST4530
DYNO TECH

I don't think any bodies pissed off at all. Hope you don't take it that way, just a friendly debate in my book.

But I do know exactly what you mean. Hell, I think their to high when new. I went to look at a new Chevy to replace the 2500 HD Durmax LT 4x4 I bought new in 2002. :shock: $55,000 - They can keep um I may never buy another new vehicle. That's more than my first house cost. That's whats wrong with this country, when did cars start costing as much as homes.

CRAZYNESS!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -