TCS converters in Az

Old 10-16-2007, 06:53 PM
real3fann
JOURNEYMAN

Default TCS converters in Az

Anyone ever use The Converter Shop converters for racing ? If so what did you think of them?
Old 10-18-2007, 02:42 PM
real3fann
JOURNEYMAN

Wow no ones heard of them??
Old 10-25-2007, 02:01 PM
fritz
SHOW GUEST

Never heard of them!

I use Roadrunner converters in Phoenix. Talk to Ronnie. 8)
Old 11-09-2007, 09:42 AM
enrike
SHOW GUEST

Default tcs

I have, but for off road racing only, they are great and they are not that expencive.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:17 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

COAN
Old 11-09-2007, 01:03 PM
jmarksdragster
RACING JUNKIE

TCS has been around for a while, but don't know anything about them. ATI, Coan, Transmission Specialties, Hughes are good companies to use. Give them all the data you have on your vehicle, and realistic intended use. The more info you give them, the better your converter will be for your combo.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:15 PM
lanham
MASTER BUILDER

Default converter

I have a converter from the converter shop,and have a buddy that bought one from them.They do build a really nice product but i do have a complaint about them (Rusty) he is the owner or owners son whatever he runs the place.When i got my converter it would not go into the transmission all the way and after calling him he said ahh the splines are just a little tight just keep working with it after a few more times of trying i stuck a input shaft that i had out and an old pump housing in it to compare how deep it went in compared to 2 other converters i had and it was clear that there was something wrong with the tcs converter.So i called again and tried to explain and he got smart with me and i told him i wasn't a converter builder and i sent the converter back to him.When he got the converter he did not call me,i called the next day after he recieved it and he said that he didn't know what to do with it because it would fit into all the trannies he had around (bullshit) and i told him that was funny i had 2 other converters that i know how to install and they all work except yours and i don't need to pay for a piece of shit.Any way it took about 2 or 3 weeks to get the converter back and in between i would call and he would tell me that he shipped it (more lies) and finally i got it.But so far i have had it for 2years i think and it works good.When you first call him he is a really nice guy but lookout if you have a problem.My buddy didn't have any problems i guess it was my bad luck i don't know.Would i buy from him again i really doubt it.Like i said they have a real nice looking converter but no customer service if you have problems at least thats how it went for me.You could also check a company called spec-rite converters out of California.Sorry this thread is so long but it makes me mad every time i think about it.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:39 AM
margaritaman
JUNIOR BUILDER

I had Rusty build mine and it is absolutely perfect. Rusty is the son btw who runs the Havasu location, Dad runs the Chino location. Mine was snug too, but it eventually went in. I referred a friend there who runs the 8.60 class and he was more than thrilled with the end product.

They do a lot of stuff for all those crazy overpowered diesel trucks. Their shop in Chino is a huge wareouse facility, not some little hole in the wall.

All in all I would highly recommend them.