Anyone ever deal with "wlpatterson"

Old 10-12-2007, 08:19 AM
rattboyz
APPRENTICE

Default Anyone ever deal with "wlpatterson"

I bought a set of 990 heads off of wlpatterson, The Ad was #972706. I paid for the heads, Recieved them and they were not as described. I contacted him and told him that I wasn't happy with them and that I wanted a refund. He then agreed to give me a refund after I shipped the heads back. I did ship them back, He confirmed recieving them and told me that I would recieve my refund on Tuesday. Its now Friday and have tried contacting him and no replys back. I hope I didn't get scammed again!!! This will be the second time on Racing Junk, The First time was with that Micheal Aviles, By the way does anyone know if he's been caught? I know they have his brother already. I'm going to file a claim against wlpatterson if I don't hear from him or recieve my funds back soon. :x
Old 10-12-2007, 09:00 AM
topsportsman1
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

I have delt with Wayne,he is a great guy,he is no scammer trust me.

I think your just jumping the gun,if he told you he'd refund your money,he will.

Some times it just takes a little bit of time to get things sorted out.

But Wayne Patterson is a good honest fellow,there just must be more to the story,I am sure Wayne will come here and tell his side also.He does frequently visit this board

Tom
Old 10-12-2007, 11:02 AM
rattboyz
APPRENTICE

I'm sure he is, It just worry's me a bit because of being scammed on here before. I haven't heard from him either after I left him a message concerning my refund. He said it would be here Tuesday and its already Friday and no refund. I'm just seeing if anyone has ever delt with him before. I didn't say anything negative in my post, I was just concerned is all.
Old 10-13-2007, 05:05 AM
hotrodharley
EXPERT BUILDER

i've also dealed with wpatterson..deal went great..i feel he will come though with your refund
Old 10-13-2007, 07:26 AM
rattboyz
APPRENTICE

Well so far I feel like I've been taken, He's had the heads I shipped back over a week now and as of now I still have no refund. I just think its bad way of doing business, I should have recieved my funds back by now. He still hasn't contacted me back to let me know what is going on either.
Old 10-14-2007, 11:15 AM
wlpatterson
EXPERT BUILDER

I have sent him his money registered mail of which I have a reciept!!-He wanted these heads & I sent pictures & answered his questions as honest as I could--He got them & decided they werent what he wanted so I told him to send them back & I would refund his money(less paypal cost & shipping) I wasnt going to be out any money--He did send them & I also sent him a postal moneyorder registered mail --I just returned from NM & will follow up tomorrow AM--The first thing he did when he recieved the heads is file a complaint against me with paypal without ever contacting me??I had no problem refunding his money but I can assure him,doing that to most people & they will tell him to get pumped when its refund time--I dont scam,steal or screw people,Im the one thats got that deal on here!!--Thanx--He also has my ph#--why havent you called? I could have eased your worries without all the crap!! Also I want to thank the guys for the positive feedback--
Old 10-14-2007, 11:25 AM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

rattboyz,

Sounds like you have never heard of due diligence.
Giving wl a chance to respond and get you a refund.
wl is a good guy and you have tried to marr his image here.

If you had done your homework and been a little patient none of this would have happened.

wl is also right, if you had bought them from me and just for the sake of changing your mind, I would have told you to go pound sand. No Refund PERIOD.

In my mind your lucky he is such a good guy!
Old 10-14-2007, 12:02 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

rattboyz-- :idea: :idea: --I THINK YOU OPENED A BIIIIG CAN OF WORMS HERE AND NEED TO COME TO YOUR SENCES!!!- :roll: -YOU FILED A PAYPAL COMPLAINT WITHOUT CONTACTING THE SELLER??? ops: THAT IS AGAINST PAYPAL RULES[ YOUR SUPPOSED TO TRY EVERY MEANS FIRST THEN FILE AFTERWARDS]- :evil: --WL TREATED YOU FAIRLY OVER AND ABOVE WHAT WAS CALLED FOR!!!!- 8) 8) --HE WAS HONEST AND UP FRONT [ YOU DID NOT DO HALF WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE ON THIS DEAL/ HE SHOULD NOT HAVE REFUNDED BUT HE DID/ WHICH CHANGES ALL THIS AROUND]---MY 2 CENTS---LIVELY
Old 10-14-2007, 02:11 PM
rattboyz
APPRENTICE

First of all if the heads he sold were what he stated I wouldn't have had this problem and would have just kept the heads. Second of all I used Paypal to protect myself against scammers. Third of all I've been taken before and work very hard for my money. So yes your opinion is just worth about 2 cents. I didn't bash him on here, I was inquiering about him only. I didn't know he was out of town and haven't heard from him. I sent him the heads last week and he said he mailed my funds out last week. Only should have taken 3 days at the most to send something registered mail and its been over a week and still nothing. So unless it was your money you were out you shouldn't come off like you are towards me.
Old 10-14-2007, 02:36 PM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by rattboyz
First of all if the heads he sold were what he stated I wouldn't have had this problem and would have just kept the heads. Second of all I used Paypal to protect myself against scammers. Third of all I've been taken before and work very hard for my money. So yes your opinion is just worth about 2 cents. I didn't bash him on here, I was inquiering about him only. I didn't know he was out of town and haven't heard from him. I sent him the heads last week and he said he mailed my funds out last week. Only should have taken 3 days at the most to send something registered mail and its been over a week and still nothing. So unless it was your money you were out you shouldn't come off like you are towards me.
So apparently you are the ONLY ONE that works hard for their money.
I have had similar things happen to me as well, but I have NEVER gone to the authorities, paypal etc without first using up ALL other avenues first.
Our opinions are only worth 2 cents to you, that is cool, just remember that wl had NO obligation to refund you any monies.

You never did say what was wrong with the heads, only that they were not as described.

You were out a few hundred correct?
Last year alone I lost over 5 grand to scammers and dead beats, but not once did I mention anything to anyone until it was made crystal clear that I had to get an attorney or file in court, then I made it public.

You were wrong to not give wl a chance and you are wrong about us.
We watch out for our own.

Good luck in the future rat and I hope you learned something here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -