Beware of Lowdown54 (Tony Eden)

Old 10-11-2007, 07:35 PM
crossram1969
SHOW GUEST

Default Beware of Lowdown54 (Tony Eden)

I have not been on the site for a long time. I am just getting back and I noticed Tony Eden(Lowdown is a very fitting description) is a member here and I wanted to let you guys know a couple of years ago he sold a car to me that was supposed to be a numbers matching X77. Ended up, cowl tag had been changed and all 3 VIN numbers. There is a bench warrant for him if he is ever picked up in my state. He told me buyer beware. That was nice of him. I didn't feel like going through a lengthy out of state court battle because I believe what comes around goes around. He will get his someday.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:23 PM
mrgasser55
SHOW GUEST

Default crossram1969 is a big liar!!!!!!!

this guy is a liar there has never been any proof of any wrong doing on my part,i bought the car off a friend of mine that got if off of someone he knew. it was a project car,all #,s matched the vin tag,motor,trany,and rear,all matched.if anybody would like to talk to me about this matter I would be than happy to discuss it,thanks tony,740-6760-1870
Old 10-24-2007, 12:28 PM
mrgasser55
SHOW GUEST

sorry guy,s the # is 740-676-1870,thanks tony
Old 10-26-2007, 04:33 AM
crossram1969
SHOW GUEST

Sure the trans VIN matched the VIN on the car. The VIN's had all been changed. The motor did not match. That block found its way to the original car in NJ, a X33 fathom green belonging to a guy on Team Camaro web site. Jerry McNeish for you guys that now 1st gen camaros, know who he is. He has published facts books on 1st gen Z's and big block camaros. He got involved and it is documented that the car is a total clone, all VIN numbers, trim tag, trans came from a real X77 car. The only problem was they didn't belong to this car. You guys all know that a thief would not admit to any wrong doing. Have a good day Tony, you know you committed fraud.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:49 PM
mrgasser55
SHOW GUEST

this is going to be my last post on this matter,because this guy don,t deserve any more of my time.he had all the time in the world to check this car out before he bought it,i never did anything wrong!!! racingjunk is a good website,and a good place to sell and buy,but it,s to bad any jerk can get on here and accuse somone of fraud with out any proof !!!!!!! thanks tony
Old 10-26-2007, 08:42 PM
crossram1969
SHOW GUEST

Tony, you are missing the point. You committed fraud when you advertised and sold the car as something it is not. Wether or not you actually did those things to the car does not matter. You, as the seller are responsible for what you advertise and sell in the eyes of the law. You are responsible to me for what you did when you advertised it as a real X77 all numbers matching car. It was none of those things. You were sent registered mail with Jerry Macneish's report on the car asking you to exchange the car for our money back. You refused and said buyer beware. You were also contacted by a NewCastle County detective and asked to do the same. You refused again. You can try and twist things around all you like, the fact of the matter is you committed fraud when you advertised and sold something under false pretenses. I have and the detective also has this proof. You advertised it on Team Camaro and Ebay as a X77 numbers matching car. You live pretty far from me so just taking a drive to check it out was not an option. I trusted you to be honest with me and you were not. If anyone wants more info about this case before dealing with Tony feel free to pm me and I can email you a copy of Camaro High Performance's report on the car and put you in contact with the detective that has all the info and that filed the bench warrant for him. Tony's famous last words "Buyer Beware". If that doesn't tell you what kind of a guy he is, I don't know what does. That was the last thing I heard from him when myself, a friend, a Delaware State detective from the vehicle theft division, a PA State detective from the vehicle theft division, and a NewCastle County detective had him on the speaker phone asking him to make it right.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:53 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

If he didn't know it had been faked...then how did he commit fraud? I am not taking sides just asking. MAYBE he honestly thought it was a real car.If you were going to make a big investment in what you thought was an all original car you should have verified the fact first. This is assuming that he himself was not the scumbag who did the number switch. If he did the switch or knew about it,then yes he is a criminal...but if he was honest and just mistaken or mislead...then he has done nothing wrong in my opinion.
Old 10-27-2007, 05:39 AM
crossram1969
SHOW GUEST

According to the detectives and the DA's office and a prominent lawyer that was referred to us by Jerry M. the fact that he advertised and sold the car as such is when the fraud is committed. The actual crime of the VIN changes is a whole seperate charge. Each VIN change carries a felony charge. That would be 3 felony charges since all three VIN's were changed. They are both very different crimes. You do not have to prove someone knew about it being fake, just that they advertised and sold it as such. Under the law, he committed fraud. On another note, Tony was very very knowledgable when it came to 1st gen. Z's. He knew all the different part numbers like UH, 9204, 309, 472 etc. You guys that know Z's know what these are. He was not an uneducated person when it came to these cars. I have hours and hours of phone records with this man. He is a swap meet junkie, he knows what he is doing.
Old 10-27-2007, 06:06 AM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by crossram1969
According to the detectives and the DA's office and a prominent lawyer that was referred to us by Jerry M. the fact that he advertised and sold the car as such is when the fraud is committed. The actual crime of the VIN changes is a whole seperate charge. Each VIN change carries a felony charge. That would be 3 felony charges since all three VIN's were changed. They are both very different crimes. You do not have to prove someone knew about it being fake, just that they advertised and sold it as such. Under the law, he committed fraud. On another note, Tony was very very knowledgable when it came to 1st gen. Z's. He knew all the different part numbers like UH, 9204, 309, 472 etc. You guys that know Z's know what these are. He was not an uneducated person when it came to these cars. I have hours and hours of phone records with this man. He is a swap meet junkie, he knows what he is doing.
BUT , it seems to me you did not know what you were doing at all in this transaction!!!!---YOU ARE TRYING TO BUY A ##### MATCHING CAR/ YOU HAVE ALL THIS KNOWLEDGE ABOUT THESE ### MATCHING CARS/ AND YOU DO NOT GO CHECK IT OUT YOURSELF OR HAVE AN EXPERT IN THAT AREA DO IT FOR YOU!!!!---YOU ARE AT FAULT 100% IN THIS ONE BECAUSE YOU DID NOT CHECK IT OUT FIRST!!!--A GOOD LAWYER WILL TELL YOU THAT, BECAUSE YOU WOULD LOSE IN COURT----WETHER HE DID KNOW OR NOT YOU ARE THE ONE THAT FUMBLED THE BALL ON THIS DEAL ops: ops: --LIVELY IN ILLINOIS
Old 10-27-2007, 06:06 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by lively
Originally Posted by crossram1969

Agreed
BUT , it seems to me you did not know what you were doing at all in this transaction!!!!---YOU ARE TRYING TO BUY A ##### MATCHING CAR/ YOU HAVE ALL THIS KNOWLEDGE ABOUT THESE ### MATCHING CARS/ AND YOU DO NOT GO CHECK IT OUT YOURSELF OR HAVE AN EXPERT IN THAT AREA DO IT FOR YOU!!!!---YOU ARE AT FAULT 100% IN THIS ONE BECAUSE YOU DID NOT CHECK IT OUT FIRST!!!--A GOOD LAWYER WILL TELL YOU THAT, BECAUSE YOU WOULD LOSE IN COURT----WETHER HE DID KNOW OR NOT YOU ARE THE ONE THAT FUMBLED THE BALL ON THIS DEAL ops: ops: --LIVELY IN ILLINOIS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -