Thread: Coan Transmissions

Coan Transmissions

Has or does anyone have experence with the Coan 400-XLT trans? Was going to put a Lencodrive 3 speed in our new car until I seen they cost about $1500.00 with converter. I have talked to some people who use them, but only a few. The Coan 400-XLT only costs $5995.00 for the top of the line.

Car weights 2100lbs, with 598 ci, put out 1171HP.

thanks,
    gyrogearloose

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Unless your just stuck on the idea that you have to have a 3 speed I'd say go with a powerglide. You can get one to handle anything you can throw at it, for less money than that Coan XLT 400 you are looking at..

Here's a link to T/S they can hook you up.

http://www.transmission-specialties....roducts_id=631
    ***IN GOD WE TRUST***

PG

I already have a superglide by JW. Know what it will do with a glide. That is why I want a 3 speed.

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR
    gyrogearloose I am just trying to help. I think I would think long and hard on this one before I spent that kind of money on that trans because at your weight and HP I think you will lose ET with the th400. You may want to go with a Bruno or the likes to get more gears in your trans. Most high HP cars that you see at your weight that run auto trans will run a glide or a bruno type trans. Its just a thought you may want to check into.
    Wesley
    60' 1.30
    5.58 @ 127.89