CASH price VS TRADE Price

Old 09-26-2007, 06:16 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Default CASH price VS TRADE Price

I want to create a little discussion here and see how you guys think on this subject......

i cruise the classified every day...Now here is what really doesn't make GOOD sense once you really think about it..
example:
i will take $8500 for my car roller...but if you want to trade its going to be much higher..say $15,000.....

Now the way i see it....if you are willing to trade heads up and you like what i have..why can't we trade a $8500 piece for a $8500 piece...why do i have to trade you something worth 7k/8k more than what you are asking for your car ?....the same goes if your willing to trade with cash boot..why not trade for something worth 4k that appeals to you and take $4500 difference in cash...to make up the $8500 asking price....if your not interested in trading i understand that ...just say NO TRADES..
In my opinion it would really take a DUMB A$$ or a real desperate person to trade soemthing worth 15k for something someone is asking $8500 and you know could be bought for less..

Please give me your thoughts on this...i see this and i laugh to myself...of course everyone wants the BEST deal but COME ON LETS PLAY REAL HERE !..

Juice

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 09-26-2007, 06:56 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

TRUTHFULLY----THE PEOPLE THAT HAVE A BIG TRADE PRICE COMPARED TO A SMALLER CASH PRICE USUALLY THINK THEY HAVE THE MOST VALUABLE CARS AND NOBODY ELSE CAN GET IT WITHOUT JUMPING THRU HOOPS[WRONG!!!!!!!!! ops: ops: ops: ]--TO ME A ASKING PRICE IS JUST THAT BUT TO PUT A HIGHER TRADE PRICE MAKES NO SINCE AT ALL!!!---AND BEFORE I GET BEAT UP ON THIS [ I HAVE BEEN DEALING CARS AND PARTS FOR OVER 30 YEARS ]-- AND STILL DON'T WANT TO CHEAT THE OTHER GUY :? :? :? --MY 10 CENTS WORTH BRIAN AND AGREE WITH YOU---IT IS VERY FUNNY AND DOES NOT MAKE ANY SINCE 8) 8) 8) ---LIVELY
Old 09-26-2007, 07:02 PM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

Brian I am sorry but I have to make this one short a matter a fact just one word (DRUGS) thats just my theory. :shock:
Old 09-26-2007, 07:09 PM
bowtie4542001
DYNO OPERATOR

I agree with both of yall. Those kinds of statements make me laugh. I don't see where someone elses vehichle would be worth more if you trade instead of paying cash. I guess if that was the case, I could say mine was worth 15,000 when it was only worth 8,000. A lot of people on here just think their car needs to priced like it was at the Barrett Jackson Auction.

Chris
Old 09-26-2007, 07:20 PM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

Barrett Jackson Auction now that was funny I don't care who you are.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:33 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

In my opinion, they think that anyone who would want to trade may have a POS car that doesn't equal their car in value, when in fact it may be the opposite. Everyone thinks their car is worth more than anyone else's. Crap i wouldn't take less than $15,000.00 for my Malibu, but i know i can buy an equal car for much less. I think it's an EGO factor.hehe, anyone want to buy a Malibu.

JMO

Zip.
Old 09-27-2007, 04:30 AM
qtrmile2
DYNO OPERATOR

I agree with you Brian. I stopped trying to figure people out a LONG time ago. But people do that all the time. I also see pieces of junk for sale and wonder how can you ask that for your junker. They watch Barret Jackson and think, I got one of those. Oh well, makes the world go round I guess.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:45 AM
aaaaaaaaaaaaa
MASTER BUILDER

i agree 100% with that. Its one thing to try and get a good trade but im not gonna trade my 71 vette roller with custom headers and trans that i have up for sale at 16,000 respectfully for a 10 grand roller camaro, S10, chevelle, etc and even though i know my vette is worth more you dont see me saying i want a 25k trade value, oh and these people that think there camaro's, S10's, Nove's or whatever are worth what my vette is worth are nuts, i get people trying to trade me a 69 camaro roller for my vette roller, why the hell would i trade down to a camaro when i have a vette

In conclusion people need to get serious about selling or trading and if you think its that special, keep it. My vette roller is worth more than 16 but i want some money so i have to have a good price no matter what you have in it

OH and people your roller drag car camaro, S10 especially, chevelle, nova shouldnt be even close to the same price as my vette so get real if you want to sell or trade
Old 09-27-2007, 02:00 PM
topsportsman1
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

PRICELESS :P :P :P
Old 09-27-2007, 03:03 PM
Racefab57
DYNO OPERATOR

ALWAYS CONSISTANT: I dont consider trading, BUT;Ive got news for you, this CAMARO I have may be equal or worth more than your vette!!! I dont believe a certain car is worth more than another!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lets see what other people think. you may have it "built to the hilt" as the saying goes,BUT I do also!!! the trade factor is what the individuals deceide between themselves!! OR IT SHOULD BE!!!! when I say individuals I dont mean this possiblly lop sided kind of trades we see here,BUT the individuals involved with THEIR PARTICUAL TRADE!!!!!!!!!!!!! (in other words equal numbers. ) iM NOT GOOD AT PREACHING, But I hope you know what I meant! (boy I dont like the sound of one car better than another) I also have a vette.David.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -