Thread: '67 Camaro Rearend Installation

'67 Camaro Rearend Installation

I'm about to reinstall the rear axle and was wondering if I could replace the "T" bolts with another "U" bolt. Anyone have experience with this? Thanks!!

Senior Member EXPERT BUILDER
    Go ahead and change em out. Even better, drill the holes out a bit and put 1/2" u-bolts in. Done this with a few Novas I've had.

Member MASTER JOURNEYMAN
    Yes, throw away the t-bolts, use four u-bolts, You might have to move the brake line, but it is worth it. Sean

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Definetly upgrade to the 1/2 bolts, factory U/ bolts are 7/16 same w/ the T/ bolts, if you dont and you car makes any power and hooks up a good time you'll run over them factory junk T/bolts quicker than a cat can lick his a$$-
    I went down to a local company here in my town that makes leaf springs and had them bend me up some 1/2 u bolts for my 81 camaro when I put some traction bars on, just give make the measurements on how long they need to be and they will do the rest.
    Goodluck, Charles
    ***IN GOD WE TRUST***