Thread: HELP,NEED PART #

Senior Member SENIOR BUILDER

HELP,NEED PART #

I am look ing for the part # on the right head studs that you should use on a GM aluminum BowTie Block with standand heads,the heads are AFR 220's they are aluminum,but use the same stamdand bolt layout as a stock head,I looked on arp site and they have so many different studs its hard to get the right choice,I know the block takes a special stud and the threads are 1 1/8 long and the bottom of the stud is rounded with a nipple,I'm sure somebody knows what this block takes,the main studs are the same as the head studs should be,it came with the main studs already,just need the part # on the main studs from ARP,thanks everybody,this is holding me up on getting this together,

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE

Re: HELP,NEED PART #

Quote Originally Posted by knova70
    I am look ing for the part # on the right head studs that you should use on a GM aluminum BowTie Block with standand heads,the heads are AFR 220's they are aluminum,but use the same stamdand bolt layout as a stock head,I looked on arp site and they have so many different studs its hard to get the right choice,I know the block takes a special stud and the threads are 1 1/8 long and the bottom of the stud is rounded with a nipple,I'm sure somebody knows what this block takes,the main studs are the same as the head studs should be,it came with the main studs already,just need the part # on the main studs from ARP,thanks everybody,this is holding me up on getting this together,
    Why don't you just call ARP ?

Senior Member EXPERT BUILDER
    Make sure you get studs for aluminum blocks as they are bullet nosed on the end that go into the block and have much more thread and if worst come to worst call Dart and get a set from them.

What did the guy use when he plate honed your block ???
    WWW.CNCBLOCKSNE.COM
    IS A DIVISION OF
    HINKSON AUTOMOTIVE
    RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT

CARL HINKSON 207-892-7215
    EMAIL [email protected]