advice on installing lt headers on lt1 motor

Old 09-22-2007, 06:03 AM
camaro96ss
APPRENTICE

Default advice on installing lt headers on lt1 motor

Im installing lt on an lt1 motor what are some common problems that i may run into and what should i look out for im also taking the cats out and installing a y-pipe any help would be appreciated
Old 09-22-2007, 07:28 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

I know someone who just did this about a month ago, they had trouble fitting the hookers that they bought from Jegs, hooker sent them some different headers that was more fiendly, but still had to beat in a couple notches to clear the plugs and wires. The other problem was that, that you can no longer buy the OA sensor to correct the computer, because the feds stds forced them to no longer sell it, so you will always have an error code on your engine management lite codes. If you can live with this you are free to go.

Zip.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:16 PM
camaro96ss
APPRENTICE

thanks for input i got held up so im doing till nxt week ill keep ya posted
Old 10-02-2007, 08:22 AM
camaro96ss
APPRENTICE

header install was a success she sounds mean as hell and im very happy. glad i did it it took my master gm tech 9 hrs to do headers plugs and wires but it all went without a hitch other than than the occasional !@#@#$ and a hammer getting lauched accross the room