BBC Blown Alcohol Heads

Old 09-17-2007, 02:02 PM
adjones419
APPRENTICE

Default BBC Blown Alcohol Heads

Anyone running Dart 360's or Dart 355 CNC's? Which do you like the best?
Old 09-17-2007, 03:02 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

from past experience the blower motor is going to like the bigger flowing head..the CNC from the factory is always better than out of the box head ..but these head guys can find more ponies with their personal blending etc...

this can also turn into much more...what static compression you going with ?..alcohol likes 11-12-1 static compression..

just for the record i DO NOT know where your getting your heads..but when i browse the classifieds here on RJ or anywhere else..if i see the word 'PORTED" other than a factory CNC job..i will Stay away..A UN-QUALIFIED person whittling on a set of heads can acutually hurt them more then help them although they made them bigger...

this is from me to you ..please be very leary of who your buying the heads from that states they have ported their own heads..

YOU PROLLY ALREADY KNOW THIS BUT I FELT LIKE I SHOULD SAY SOMETHING. Cause i see a bunch of heads for sale ebverywhere

bRIAN

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 09-17-2007, 06:09 PM
adjones419
APPRENTICE

I'm going to be buying a brand new set, and I think I'll go with the Dart 355 CNC's. A good friend is running them on his twin Dominator Nitrous 522 BBC, and they seem to be a great head. Static compression will be 11.7:1.
Old 09-17-2007, 06:12 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

I think that is a good choice..speacially buying them new..i would have it no other way ..you going with injection / if so what type ?

Brian

Old 09-17-2007, 06:23 PM
hotrodharley
EXPERT BUILDER

i agree 100% with bjuice.buy new or at least a virgan set that no-one has cut on.i had a friend that bought the mr. gasket head porting kit and spent all winter cutting on his head ports..looked nice BUT he lost almost a full second on his track time..had to junk the heads and buy new ones and got his second back at the track afterwords..
Old 09-17-2007, 06:29 PM
adjones419
APPRENTICE

Originally Posted by hotrodharley
i agree 100% with bjuice.buy new or at least a virgan set that no-one has cut on.i had a friend that bought the mr. gasket head porting kit and spent all winter cutting on his head ports..looked nice BUT he lost almost a full second on his track time..had to junk the heads and buy new ones and got his second back at the track afterwords..
I bet he was pissed!
Old 09-17-2007, 06:31 PM
adjones419
APPRENTICE

Originally Posted by bjuice
I think that is a good choice..speacially buying them new..i would have it no other way ..you going with injection / if so what type ?

Brian
Yep, Enderle birdcatcher with a 110 pump...port and hat nozzles.
Old 09-17-2007, 07:19 PM
edvancedengines
DYNO OPERATOR

Location: VA Hospital, Dallas, Tx (214 302 1924) cell-972-464-7400

My suggestion is to either Pm or call or email to Curtis Boggs, a contributing member here and a cylinder head genious.

Talk with him about his new Edlebrock Victor 24 degree with the Curtis Boggs developed and designed CNC Porting, done by him at Race Flow Development. I have bought one set and likely will be buying more when needing a great conventional head.

PM to
Cboggs

He can also sell to you the other heads you are looking at for a savings and can also work those if you need them worked.

Ed
Old 09-18-2007, 08:46 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by adjones419
Originally Posted by bjuice

Brian
Yep, Enderle birdcatcher with a 110 pump...port and hat nozzles.

i have already been this route with a Bird catcher and 110 pump....please do yourself a huge favor and call Jim AT ENDERLE to get your initital set up with your mains,by-pass ( hi-speed by -pass) if your running them and nozzles..he will get you dead on it the 1st time around and save you much headache...
if you buy your injection from them they will pre-set your barrell valve "leakdown" and your butterfly clearance according to what yoyur combo is...He saved me much heart ache..

thanks Brian

Old 09-18-2007, 10:11 AM
adjones419
APPRENTICE

I am actually planning on sending the entire fuel system to Spud Miller at Fuel Injection Enterprises to get it flowed and setup.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -