Thread: UH'OH Goodyear, a great story with Max Naylor

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE

UH'OH Goodyear, a great story with Max Naylor

I don't know how many people have been keeping up with NHRA ProStock,buttt!!
    Goodyear kinda froze out Max Naylor a few weeks ago, (his story)when he would go to the goodyear trailer to try to get some tires he was alway told they didn't have any available and someone else's name was on every set of tires in the trailer at the track.
    So he contacted Hoosier and they gave him a few sets of tires to run. Now grant it he has had the performance to qualify #1 at Indy and now at Memphis, but doing it on Hoosiers, is a first except for WJ a few yrs ago and i now have more faith in Hoosier tires than ever before. I guess the old car rental ad from National car rentals a few yrs. ago which said when you're # 2 you try harder comes into play. Good for Hoosier and good for Max Naylor.

Zip.

WJ tried hoosiers awhile ago never got them to work as good as the goodyears, I'll bet you see them on more cars now. Just glad someone stepped out and tried something new.
    David Lanning
    IHRA NHRA 387B

Fleenor Racing Transmission
    419-280-1406
    Lanning Electric
    Complete Drag Car Wiring
    APD Race Engines
    www.apdracing.com

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    I have tried several different tires on our dragster and for repeating run after run Hoosier's beat everybody.

Steve

Member JUNIOR BUILDER
    Nothing tickles me more than the parts suppliers that have special parts for special racers get smacked down by a real special racer like Max.

I always felt that if you sell technology, you sold it to who ever wanted it. It puts them in a bad light when they do the preferential treatment.
    The older I get the less i know for sure Dennis

well max lost in the second round, he had tire shake, he beat
    standfield who had tire shake in the first round. greg qualitfied 4
    and he's in the 3rd round at the mid-south 8)