BRUIS GLASSWORKS

Old 09-14-2007, 04:54 PM
bruisglassworks
SHOW GUEST

Default BRUIS GLASSWORKS

Many of you are aware of all the negative publicity we are currently getting here on RJ. We will admit fault with some of our customers, however with others we are at no fault at all. Our biggest complaint has been our lead times not being in the time frame allotted. We have no excuses other than growing pains and circumstances with our employees. We have currently made adjustments within the plant to meet our lead times and get new orders delivered as promised. For those who have product on order, they will get what they paid for. We are also in the process of making new molds and reworking old molds. Making a new mold the right way, takes a couple months for completion. For those of you who think we are going out of business, the answer is simply NO. For those who have the misconception that we/I are going to take your money and run for the Carolina's, simply put, NO. However, one of the owners of this business lives and has lived for the past 2 years in the Carolina's. No need to explain any further. Always remember that regardless where you get your information, unless it's from the source itself, it is not binding as the absolute truth. I understand that one of our biggest complaints is returning messages. I will admit some fault on this issue as well and cannot give an excuse to you all that will deem as justifiable. I have been very busy and rely greatly on those whom I employ. My personal assistant came into this without the knowledge of the industry. It has to be taught and learned over a period of time. I rely on the PA to take on some of my responsibilities. I am only one person, and have a great deal on my shoulders. That is my only excuse. I apologize to those who feel I have chosen to ignore them, but it is almost impossible to call every person who wants to know the status of their order. We are getting them to you as fast as we can. For those of you who are business minded people, let's take a look at the satisfied versus the unsatisfied customers. We have over 2000 thousand customers, many who are regulars. Out of that 2000 thousand, we have LESS than 10% who are unsatisfied, I would have to say that's not a bad figure. We can't please everyone. Everyone has a different opinion of what quality is. I have seen some of the well known fiberglass companies out there that have been bashed and there product tagged as garbage. With some of the competitors product that I have seen, I would have to say that is true based on what I believe is quality materials. Some people just can never be satisfied and have nothing better to do than to complain. We try to make sure every customer is satisfied with the end transaction, but some seem to have the mind set of a child. Some have made idle threats and sarcastic remarks,
By God have got a cure for ole boys like Troy its got two barelles and comes in 12 ga..
which by the way accomplishes nothing. When I lay my head down at night, I rest knowing that I am doing the best I can, and with each day looking a little brighter and wake up to tackle another day with whatever is thrown my way.

Now to address that less than 10% portion of unsatisfied customers , using their RJ member name.

1. DynoSteve

We started discussions of an order for our 2006 Mustang Body on or about 1/28/07 through RJ email. We spoke on the phone and the order was placed on 1/31/07. Payment arrangement were made BUT it took approx. 1 month for this customer to pay. Usually we do not start orders until payment is received, but we made an exception to the rule and that's when you get burnt. This guy lives in Australia and he was to take care of shipping arrangements. We filed all necessary paperwork given to us. Any extra charges were not our responsibility or our fault since customer was handling this end. It was well over a month and a half after the body left our dock before he received it. Our fault?? No. He received the complete body and was very satisfied, which he failed to mention on RJ. We went out of our way for him trying to locate lights, handles, accessories, etc. because he claims he can't get them in Australia. Everything has shipped. We have made good on our part. Here are just a few emails from customer, the first one is about his shipping problem that he claimed our fault.

From: dynosteve To: bruisglassworks Date: 2007-05-26 00:52:09
Subject: Re: 2006 Mustang Body

Ya thanks, i'm really starting to get pissed off with them, they ring every couple of days with another problem, i think there trying to justify a bigger bill. have a great weekend and speak soon

Thanks Steve
On [2007-05-25 17:34:42] bruisglassworks wrote:
Yes we have made contact with Jessica. I have on several attempts faxed her the info in which she claimed she needed which was a packing declaration page. She said it would be Tuesday before she did anything with it. They do not seem to be very organized. We have done everything that we are aware of on our end. Have a great weekend.

Thank You,
Sheryl Johnson
Bruis Glassworks

From: dynosteve To: bruisglassworks Date: 2007-07-02 15:01:19
Subject: Re: 2006 Mustang Body

Just got your message about the parts leaving, thanks buddy for getting it sorted out, much appreciated. I've also got a customer of mine interested in that other mustang body you mentioned you had, i'll be over in the states in a months time and this guy and a couple of my mates are coming as well so we're gonna try to drop by and say hi

Thanks Steve

2. Upperlefthand

We have taken care of this customer. No their order was not done in a timely
fashion, but they were satisfied with the end result. Some of the RJ members
chose to condemn this woman because of her opinion of quality. We hope that
we can make it up to them in the future.

3. Abad70ss

Where are these pictures that he was going to show. He has yet to provide them but is
quick to say that it's junk. Here are some pictures of what he was shipped. Nothing leaves
our dock until it has been inspected and it definitely is not damaged when it leaves out.

http://racingjunk.com/gallery/profile/40787/23002

There are more pictures under our profile. Check them out. They speak for themselves. Can email many more.

To conclude we are taking all necessary measures to make every transaction a smooth and pleasant one. We are not free from mistakes, and there will be mistakes made. However, we want to make all the wrongs, RIGHT. I haven't addressed every person who posted, mostly due to the fact that this is time consuming. We have no intentions to continue posting or starting a war of keyboards. We are here to stay, look forward to the journey. If any of you want to speak with me personally, here is my cell phone. I may not answer at the time but you can leave a voice message and I will return your call as soon as possible. May you all have a blessed day.

Troy Bobbitt
318-294-3992[img][/img][img][/img][img][/img]
Old 09-14-2007, 06:07 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

i have followed the thread and have remained neutral as far as negative or postive comments...but what i will say after reading your reply is that you really need to take the extra time and return your calls..or better then this i would have some type system in place of letting the customer know by e-mail or phone call the status of their order..No matter if its what they want to hear or not....Bottom line is Customer Service.. If you recognized there was a problem in returning calls and failing to meet dead lines i can only imagine how bad it must have been to the customer...wow !...cause trust me it was magnified 100X on the customers end i assure you.....most people just want to be informed of what is going on..failure to return phone calls and things like this..particuarly when the customer is calling because they have not recieved their product when they were told they would...this is VERY bad Business and will get the customer UP-TIGHT..you have to remember most of your customers are HARD WORKING people that self support their Hobby...not some major sponsorship.......If i were in your shoes i would really correct this problem yesterday..You stand a better chance of being in business years down the line with great communication skills...

i do not know if 10% disatisfaction is Good number or not..a person would really have to look at each complaint and see what the issue was..based on your numbers..200 disatisfied customers seems like a lot to me...lets just say at an average sale of $700 per customer...this is a $140,000 worth of lost business...this number could be much greater.....what does this number become once their friends were informed and their friends informed and so on.....scary thought IMO..140k could turn into 500k in a hurry...

As they say Good news travels fast But BAD news travels faster...

i wish the best for you and your customers.

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 09-14-2007, 09:58 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

I agree with Brian, on this matter.
The first order of business in any business is communication and therefore if you fail to communicate with the customer you will have a disgruntled customer.
I too deal with Molds but in the plastics industry (poloymers mostly) but also some rubber, presswood, and even some fiberglass mold.
we do about 2 mil a yr. with 17 employees and i can assure you that the owner can always be reached on any working day. In our case the customer do not always hear what they would like to hear, but again we do communicate.
With that said i saw for more complaints about like of communication than the quality of your products. I did see one Vega front end that i would consider not useable. By your own statement you say you are fixing some molds. Maybe the quality issues come from those molds that you are now fixing.
I saw where there were 50 something emails and no returns. You said about 10% unhappy, i would think this is unacceptable in any business, 1 to 2% maybe, we don't have that many, in fact if it's wrong we absolutely correct the problem and move on. 99% of our buisness is repeat work, unlike your's 1 customer 1 job.
But as Brain says good news travels fast and bad news travels faster.
I think that you can correct the problems over time but i would definately start with communications either good or bad news. Atleast the customer will know where he/she stands on the money that have already spent, because the ball is in your park at this point.

JMO

Zip.
Old 09-15-2007, 09:02 AM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

I will Agree with these guy's customer relations is very important .
I to have a small business and i try to keep in contact with my customers and do all i can to make sure they are happy to the point some time it cost me money .
But in the long run i think it pays off because if the customer See's that you care about them they will return to you for there needs .
I wish you luck in getting things straightened out in your company
i know how hard it is but just remember with out the customer you have no company .
Old 09-17-2007, 08:31 AM
abad70ss
APPRENTICE

Where are these pictures that he was going to show. He has yet to provide them but is
quick to say that it's junk. Here are some pictures of what he was shipped. Nothing leaves
our dock until it has been inspected and it definitely is not damaged when it leaves out.

http://racingjunk.com/gallery/profile/40787/23002

well you say that you sent me the same looking front end as in the pic above

well heres the link to what i got from you

and as for not posting the pics
well i was going to let it lay but i have emailed the pics to over 200 people on the web and i will now start putting them on all the web boards i can..

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...r&linkid=link5
Old 09-17-2007, 02:39 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

ooooohhh myyyyy god.....

on 2nd thought after looking at the pictures posted above i would not have a called back either..

i am sorry you fell in that 10% (abadass70ss)...thats Horrible what i am seeing in those pics......

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 09-17-2007, 03:52 PM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

GEEEEEEZ That looks like it was ran back in the 70's and taken of a wrecked car .
Man i hate to see that I cant even believe someone would try to sell something like that and call it new.
Old 09-17-2007, 04:17 PM
lookingaround
RACING JUNKIE

what kind of camera did he use? doesnt look anything like the pics you took
Old 09-17-2007, 06:27 PM
Racefab57
DYNO OPERATOR

IVE SEEN FIRST HAND THIER STUFF! MY BUDDY HAS FRT END, DOORS, HOOD, FOR A 69 NOVA, we had to cut the door posts to get them to match the quarters, the hood, enough said .... frt end was useable, never did get a rear bumper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WORKED ON THESE PARTS!!!!!!!!!!!! WITH MY FRIEND!!! WE MADE EM WORK,but wholey s$%* , was it work! David.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:31 AM
dynosteve
JUNIOR BUILDER

ok lets set the record straight, in the end with the freight it was your fault, you did not return there calls, you did not provide a reciept and letter of proof of origin, i still don't have all my parts, you debited my credit card for the full amount Not a deposit, as well as charging me for the extra parts which i'm still waiting for and have checked prices with ford and other suppliers whilst i was over there recently and you put a huge mark up on them (thanks for the favour) you only return calls if someone posts on here or hotrod gossip. Well the proof will be in the pudding if your parts ever turn up, which they still haven't

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -