Is my combo to much for a Blower?

Old 09-09-2007, 11:40 AM
tweekd
APPRENTICE

Default Is my combo to much for a Blower?

Hi. I have a 383 w/ cast crank, forged i-beams, srp flat top forged pistons alluminum 195 AFR's at 65cc and victor jr. The mains are studded, the top is not but arp though. it also has cometic gaskets that cost me a penny. Compression is thought to be around 10:6 or 10:7.

I am wondering if 6-7lbs of procharger boost will work or not. I understand adequate fuel supply would be in order but maybe thats not even enough? I really dont want to change anyhting in the motor.

Im kind of wondering why a 250 of nitrous would work but blower boost is a problem.

Thanks
Old 09-09-2007, 12:43 PM
bbchevy
RACING JUNKIE

Default Blower Boost?

The 1st thing i see,is your Biggest Problem?
CAST CRANK???
If it was Me,a Forged Crank would be the #1 thing to start with!Then a set of Good Forged Rods,your Pistons seem alright?
I know some of you Guys are going to say,i have used a cast Crank with No Problems?But,when that Problem Starts,you Cant Stop!
Later
G 8)
Old 09-09-2007, 01:18 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Hey Tweekd,
Read this thread most of what you ask has been addressed in this thread.

Zip.

http://forums.racingjunk.com/viewtopic.php?t=3908
Old 09-09-2007, 03:37 PM
tweekd
APPRENTICE

definelty helpful Zip. So im guessing that it would raise my compression to the point of needing C-16 all the time. Just wondering if it is doable though. The crank is a cast steel crank i think from Eagle. Its not the forged steel. I cheaped out, :roll:
Old 09-09-2007, 04:27 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

C-16 -- Yes

Do able -- Yes

Liviable -- I'd be guessing if if i said yes or no and i think anyone else would also.

The 5140 Cast stl. crank pretty much compares to a stock steel crank and it's definately stronger than a cast iron crank, even the mallable iron that was in the 400" mtrs.
I would say it's your call, i don't know anyone doing it, but with the right clearances it might live forever. People are pouring nitrous to the small blk. ford motors and they only have a cast crank.

Your call

JMO

Zip.