Renegade Raceway - Yakima WA. 9/14 & 9/15

Old 09-02-2007, 07:29 PM
Murff
MASTER BUILDER

Default Renegade Raceway - Yakima WA. 9/14 & 9/15

So we're totin' then Falcon over to Renegade for some fall racing. I'm going to run the car one pass on Friday nite and then my son will be driving the rest of the nite and again on Saturday. I understand that Spib and 1 - 2 others from RJ may be there as well.

I've been searching the web for a motel to stay at in the area and have found a few but I'm concerned about the safety of the cars. Too many stolen racecars here and other areas lately.

Are there any racer-friendly motels in that area that anyone can recommend? Do they have lit parking that will fit a couple of pickups with open trailers? Got any buds or family in the area that wouldn't mind a couple of cars / trailers parked in their yard overnite?

I thought my ex-wife lived in the area but she's on the wrong side of the river (Vantage) to make parking there feasable.

I appreciate any tidbits.

Murff
Old 09-02-2007, 09:53 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

HeHe, put them in your EX's yard , and you won't have to worry about selling them later she'll sell them for pennies on the dollar, seen that before.
Just messing with you my friend, i'm 2,000 miles away.

Zip. :twisted:
Old 09-02-2007, 10:14 PM
Murff
MASTER BUILDER

Yeah, I guess that did sound a little goofy, huh?

Murff
Old 09-03-2007, 02:22 PM
spib
RACING JUNKIE

I will see if I can find someone for you or get a number
Old 09-03-2007, 03:05 PM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

I have been looking myself and unless my buddy goes, I may just crash in my backseat, or trunk...LOL...I have layed down fully in it.

If I can bring it, I may take along my cobra for added safety.

I plan on leaving Boise at 4:30pm Sept 14th and driving into Yakima.

Depending on how late it is when I get in, I may try to find my way to the track. If not, I hope to know where you guys are and meet up Friday night.
Then decide on a morning meet and eat, then convoy out to the track.

Just my .02, your mileage may vary :P
Old 09-03-2007, 03:32 PM
Murff
MASTER BUILDER

Sounds like a plan, man.

Right now the lodging is a toss up between Comfort Inn and Super 8 motels. Comparable prices (read, CHEAP!) and amenities. Will probably boil down to the parking.

Looking at Renegades schedule it looks like Friday nite is Street Legal but they also have an All Run listed, which I presume to be an open class. I will call them to verify.

If we can run Friday then we probably won't be back to motel until 10:30 or so, I imagine. Then it'll be beer-thirty poolside, if the weather is good.

They used to offer camping at the track I think but I haven't been there since the Divisionals in 2002. We stayed at a campground off of I82 on that trip. But I hate camping. Only piece of camping equipment I own these days is a Visa card.

I'm one of those organized kind of guys and plan to have everything I need to do locked in by the end of this week.

Breakfast Saturday sounds good. Rumor has it there's a handful of other cars coming from Seattle as well. One way or another it sounds like a good time shapin' up.

I'll keep you all posted of our plans.

And Thanks, Spib. I appreciate anything you can find out. (Maybe we sould all just hit Wenatchee Ave on Saturday nite and raise a little hell there. Yeah, just kidding.

Murff
Old 09-12-2007, 08:06 AM
spib
RACING JUNKIE

murff, carl and others going over to yakima, have a safe trip, see ya sat afternoon, TIME FOR SOME FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-13-2007, 04:39 AM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

Well,

Unless the fuel log ferry shows up in time and I get it on and running right I will not be making the trip.

I mentioned to some that I had been having carb issues, well it seems the last time I put it in the shop, the tech did not clean the braided fuel lines (Again) and I damn near had a fire from all the fuel leak.

I tried to adjust it but it never ran right after that.
Took it to the track last Friday and decided I needed a new carb.
Just got my new Demon yesterday and realized the fuel log is a different size at the inlets so I had to order a new one and it will not be here until Friday. :cry: :cry: :cry:

As soon as I get home I will start thrashing and if all goes well I will still head out, just get a late start.

I will keep you guys posted, I am so bummed.
The last chance I had to meet and race with Mark I had to work, the 1st time I had to work a weekend in a year.

I want to go back to Meridian Auto and shove my old Holley up the owners arse.
I still may go looking for the owner one dark and stormy night
Old 09-13-2007, 12:13 PM
Murff
MASTER BUILDER

Well, get'er done, dude.

The beer is already chillin'.

Murff
Old 09-15-2007, 08:53 AM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

Well as you guys already probably know I did not get my carb swap completed in time.

I am just now ready to install.

Here is what happened.
Got my new Demon, noticed the inlet sizes are different than the Holley's.
Tried to find a fuel log locally, no one had one.
Ordered it overnite from Jegs.
Jegs delayed order and didn't get it until yesterday evening.
Went to put it on and the lip at the end was hitting at the bowl screw....this from jegs and their statement that it fit ALL standard Demon carbs.
Found the right size adapters and the front inlet was buggered up and stripped.
Had to find a 9/16x24tpi tap.
Just got it and just got inlet installed....no way I can make it to Yakima and race.....I am so very upset but will not go into that :cry: :cry: :twisted: :twisted: :x :x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -