Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JW transmissions

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE

JW transmissions

just got off the phone with a tim at jw transmissions, he told me with my set up my 3600 vert is right on and it would be a waste of money to up my stall and it wont help me. It is nice in this day and age to talk to someone , who gives good advise like that, when I step up my motor, I will be talking to jw transmissions for sure, they have my respect!!!!

Member JUNIOR BUILDER
    I also talked to Tim at JW and was impressed. He had a lot of good accuate info that was right on track with my other research. He offered it all for free, because I haven't bought anything yet.

I will be buying a JW TH400 though. I really like the SFI bell housing mod.

Steve

Senior Member SENIOR BUILDER
    I have bought several things from JW and I am totally impressed. I have a 3000 torque convertor that I am using in my car behind my street motor and some other internals they offer. They ship fast,talk to you like a person and have good parts.

Junior Member JOURNEYMAN
    does any one have a # for jw tranny?

Administrator RACING JUNKIE bjuice's Avatar
    I have owned (two) #2 converters from JW and one Flex Plate ( The Wheel) and have been very satisfied.

oh yeah SPIB...what kind of converter do you have ? and how do you know it a 3600 rpm ?.....they will stall more with a transbrake..it will also act diffferent with different cam profiles etc.....there is also a difference what a converter will stall between a bb and sb..

example: i had a TCI 3600 on my 468 bbc it stalled about 4300...way too much (soft) on the street..i ended up having to go with a 2800 TCI Stall on my BBC and it got me where i needed ( 3500 rpm)...

Brian
    Bjuice..

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "

Senior Member SENIOR BUILDER
    JW Performance Transmissions Phone: 321-632-6205

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    brian what I have is a b &m 3600 holeshot it stalls at around 2900-3000 right in there, I talked with tim at jw and he said with my very mild setup , I am right were I need to be, he said he could take my money but a looser vert would hurt my et he said. it might 60 ft better but over all I am good right now with what I have, I thought it was pretty cool he was telling me this and not wasting my money.

Administrator RACING JUNKIE bjuice's Avatar
    sounds like he was straight up...maybe if you were running 1/8 mile stuff it would have been a better plan...besides you gonna get more out of it when you run your transbrake anyhow...if i had a choice i had rather be on the tighter than looser side anyday..speacially if i were running 1/4 mile like you boys do...
    Bjuice..

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "

Junior Member SHOW GUEST

JW

If you need JW stuff give me a shout!
    http://www.oldanimotorsports.20megsfree.com Oldani Motorsports
    TCI, BTE, JW, ATD/Hipster, Jesel, Impact, Stef's/B&B, Nitroplate, Comp Cams/Powerhouse, Jomar, Isky, Crane, Crower, AFR, Jager, etc.....

Junior Member JOURNEYMAN
    Oldani, where are you located???