Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: TH-400 HELP !!!!

  1. #1

    TH-400 HELP !!!!

    Overhauled a B&M Racing TH-400, full manual, transbrake, reverse pattern.

    I am missing the right possition of the ball that goes in the valve body (only one ball for this racing trans)

    Anyone that could help me find the right possition of that ball?

    Thanks,

    Oliver

  2. #2
    Senior Member EXPERT BUILDER
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    279
    Could try here http://www.bmracing.com/forum/default.asp

    The source is the best place to start.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by jbsjunk
    Could try here http://www.bmracing.com/forum/default.asp

    The source is the best place to start.
    Thanks, I already did. By the way, called B&M in California and they do not want to tell me. Do not want to give or sell me installation instructions on the overhaul kit(which I bought from Summit).

    Can not send the tranny to a shop in USA as I am located in Panama, Central America. It would be cheaper to buy a new one than sending it to the states and back to Panama.

    Thanks,

    Oliver

  4. #4
    Senior Member EXPERT BUILDER
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    279
    Geesh! Talk about customer support......... :evil:

    I know there are a few good trans guys here, they'll show up soon enough.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by jbsjunk
    Geesh! Talk about customer support......... :evil:

    I know there are a few good trans guys here, they'll show up soon enough.
    Hope they do show.

    TKs

    Oliver

  6. #6
    Administrator RACING JUNKIE
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Maine,USA
    Posts
    1,208
    You can try here http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30

    Hutch is a good man on trannys,one of the best in the country.
    I have also asked Hutch to join us,hope he does.

    Tom
    There Is 1 Thing Better Than Cubic Inches,,,More Of Them

  7. #7

    Re: TH-400 HELP !!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by CHEVYZ28
    Overhauled a B&M Racing TH-400, full manual, transbrake, reverse pattern.

    I am missing the right possition of the ball that goes in the valve body (only one ball for this racing trans)

    Anyone that could help me find the right possition of that ball?

    Thanks,

    Oliver
    The ball goes in the valve body close to the manual valve in a small pocket that should have a small coil spring wedged into it. If you look at the separator plate there will be a hole above where the ball goes into the valve body that is approx .155" dia.

    Hope this helps, Hutch

  8. #8
    Administrator RACING JUNKIE
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Maine,USA
    Posts
    1,208
    Thanks for stopping by Hutch and joining us here a RJ.

    Lets all welcome Hutch,If you have any questions just ask Hutch,he's the man
    There Is 1 Thing Better Than Cubic Inches,,,More Of Them

  9. #9
    Senior Member EXPERT BUILDER
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    279
    Howdy Hutch. Welcome aboard!

    I gotta ask, do you know Starsky? :lol:

  10. #10

    Re: TH-400 HELP !!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hutchtrans
    Quote Originally Posted by CHEVYZ28
    Overhauled a B&M Racing TH-400, full manual, transbrake, reverse pattern.

    I am missing the right possition of the ball that goes in the valve body (only one ball for this racing trans)

    Anyone that could help me find the right possition of that ball?

    Thanks,

    Oliver
    The ball goes in the valve body close to the manual valve in a small pocket that should have a small coil spring wedged into it. If you look at the separator plate there will be a hole above where the ball goes into the valve body that is approx .155" dia.

    Hope this helps, Hutch
    Many thanks for your answer Hutch. I'll try this.

    Regards,

    Oliver

  11. Racing Junk


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Copyright © 2005-2016 RacingJunk.com All Rights Reserved.

Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the RacingJunk.com
Terms of Use, Classifieds Disclaimer, Privacy Policy, and Cookie Policy