9" pinion support help

Old 08-21-2007, 11:57 PM
n2oracer
SHOW GUEST

Default 9" pinion support help

I've decided to replace the stock pinion support on my stock 9" case. I have the stock long 5" pinion yoke. My driveshaft has already been made to fit with this yoke and stock support.

What will I run into changing the support? Who makes one designed to work with a stock case?
Old 08-29-2007, 12:47 AM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Since no one will answer you every body make a pinion support that fits a stock 5 bolt case. all you have to tell them is do you have a 28 spline pinion or a pro 35 spline pinion, that determines the bearing size you need to install in the support. Call Mark williams and he can fix you up.

Zip,
Old 09-20-2007, 06:55 PM
Run2Rund
SHOW GUEST

The pinion support uses 5 bolts to the case. I suggest you talk with the guys at www.quickperformance.com as they are attuned to the "little guy" budget as well as to the serious racer, and have good prices and tech support.
Old 09-22-2007, 08:03 PM
edvancedengines
DYNO OPERATOR

Location: VA Hospital, Dallas, Tx (214 302 1924) cell-972-464-7400

I have not answered in this becuase I think that this could be a waste of money.

I will be the first to agree that an aluminum pionion bearing is much superior in strength.

I am also amongst those who will tell you that the weak factory non-nodular thrid member case is not a good choice for any type of racing. It will not hold up long with even a mild engine.

A stock 8.8 Mustang rear would be much stronger than a stock 9 incher.

Ford 9 inch rear ends are not inherently strong. They have the capability of being made to be strong with aftermarket parts and welding.

A factory rear end that is inherently strong is the old Dana 60. That is a little heavier but will handle much strength as it comes form the factory. Even the Mopar factory axles are fairly strong, as compared to the best from factory of anyone.

Ed