Magnafuel and holleys

Old 08-19-2007, 05:51 PM
dcw9214
SHOW GUEST

Default Magnafuel and holleys

Anybody can tell me how to set the fuel preesure on holley reg with the motor not running through a flow gauge so I will have safe start up with my new engine.

500 prostar and fuel log with 2 holley regs....I use a 6" ashcroft fuel pressure guage... what jet size should I use to emulate a carb.

Old 08-20-2007, 06:16 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

1st off the Jet size is what ever you choose to go with based on your motor combo etc...
once you know what the jet size...here is how i flow a NOS (fuel side) you can also do the motor the same way.

take a fitting s) (female ) and place on the end of the two male openings out of the fuel log or one opening if thats the case.
take a black rubber 3/8 hose and clamp around the fitting or fittings...take the size jet your wanting to run and use another round clamp to hold the jet in place at the end of the 3/8 hose.
turn the fuel pump on and have the fuel flow thru the main fuel line into the fuel log and out both rubber hoses and thru the jets....
have both hoses running into a 5 gallon bucket or something close to catch fuel and adjust regular to whatever you desire.

this will give you a true WOT flow rate.....

repeat this procedure for multiple regulators...etc.....on whichever system your wanting to flow at ( WOT).

to be honest with you i only use this prodcedure to flow (NOS).....on my motors i set the fuel pressure DEAD HEAD...all this means is attach a fuel pressure gage on to your fuel log and turn pump on and adjust from there...keep in mind must pressure drops at (WOT) about 1/2 lbs normally no more then 1 lbs.....

hope this helps,.

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "