spokane 2nd trip

Old 08-19-2007, 02:56 AM
spib
RACING JUNKIE

Default spokane 2nd trip

Not breaking any speed records , but it did get better. Have a miss above 5000rpms , but below that she is running good, for what it is first time in june blazer ran 15.19-14.52 this time out ran 13.54- 13.24 went to round 3 broke out and hit the brakes even, I wish that everytime I went racing I was a second faster that would be cool!!!!! my near stock motor will probably top out in the high 12's, I'm getting closer Its 3.55 am time for bed
Old 08-19-2007, 04:18 AM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

Good news Mark!!!!!!!!!

Down to that is very good, you were definately on a hi 12 run 8)

Sounds like a grudge match in Yakima :P :P

Congrats again bro on your day racing!!!!!!!! 8) 8)
Old 08-19-2007, 07:15 AM
mytmouz
RACING JUNKIE

8)
Old 08-19-2007, 07:17 AM
qtrmile2
DYNO OPERATOR

Sounds like you had fun. Don't worry with time you'll get where you want to be. Plus it's fun getting there. Keep working on it, sound like you'll be running 12's in no time.
Old 08-19-2007, 07:59 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

the little ole Blazer is moving on.......you are correct the ET difference is huge....now time to help you find that miss over 5k..

what immediatley comes to mind is what kind of ignition box you running ?

Congrats..sounds to me you had a great day with the et and # of rounds you went.

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 08-19-2007, 08:28 AM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Way to go Mark, you are going to get there for sure

What BJ says on the miss above the 5,000 rpm range, also you may be running out of fuel and i'm sure you didn't have time to look at the fuel pressure while you were running.

Zip.
Old 08-19-2007, 08:38 AM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

Now i may be something else but the same thing happen to me before and it was the coil but sounds like you are doing all the good on your times good going.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:12 AM
spib
RACING JUNKIE

I am thinking this so you all help me out, It might be advanced a lil to much, It is hard to start, even turning it over then hitting ign switch, which after breaking two starters last month is the way I start it now, It will be 180, run down the quarter and she is always over 200 usally around 210, it was nice and cool, 85 or so when we got there, down in the 65 or so on last pass, and it still would heat up like that, it is timmed at 38 also I changed heat range on plugs went to a 25 autolite have always used 26 , but I dont think that is it. On new carb it has no powervalve in back, and have 76 jets, 72 in front with a 6.5 powervalve, like I said it sounds good down low, lifts front and goes, so that was good but over 5000 its missing like, wanting more fuel or something, yes I have a holley blue pump and my pressure I pay attention to, like every gauge I have, it is set at around 6.5 pressure always below 7, but at 5,000 or so she was bounching around a bit between 5.8 and 6, was wondering if that could be it but it is close to 6 and have heard that is fine, it a few times was at around 5.8 -5.7 in the upper rpms, My ignition stuff is hei, with a pertonix coil and pertonix module, no box, class is now open, back timming down some, 80 jets in rear, adjust fuel pressure up a tad, get a new door handle for passenger side LOL :lol:
Old 08-19-2007, 10:12 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Mark; I CANNOT SAY 200%..but i will bet Big money that the breaking up is in the HEI ignition..they are good for running around the street...but when you get to turning them over 5,000/ 5500 is will go away...You need a MSD billet distributer with a 6al box and msd blaster 3 coil and it will clear that breaking up...

thanks Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 08-19-2007, 10:27 AM
spib
RACING JUNKIE

brian, a few years ago I ran this motor which is damn near a stock 355, with a stock hei and she would pull all the way to 6500 smooth as silk, I bought this pertonix coil and module because they say it will let you run up above that 5000 mark, its supposede to be good stuff, it might not be, any ideas? Yes I know I need a msd box, dist, and some aluminum heads a nice short block with some sack, a 5500 vert, some lowwer gears, need to lose weight, but right now what I have is what I have, that above 5000 shoundnt be there, I dont think it is major, My boy who is 7 at end of night got in passenger seat, took him around pits, came around close to our trailer, set line loc and spun em hard then let her go, He loved it!!!!!! he was all smiles

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -