am i asking to much?????

Old 08-18-2007, 08:41 PM
tug1
APPRENTICE

Default am i asking to much?????

ad# 950274 just wondering why im not getting any hits on my truck and when i offer people they always say NICE TRUCK but they dont want to work anything out not really picky on what i want just a 87-93 mustang or older camaro,chevelle,nova,etc........just wanting to get rid of the truck had it to long and im ready for something different
Old 08-18-2007, 09:03 PM
daddylynch
SENIOR BUILDER

Maybe show some pics of the interior and engine compartment. It seems like everything is slow now anyway so you have to make it pop out there.I would shine it up some ,put some stuff on the tires to really grab someones attention !!! For $9500.00 I would describe it more and show all the Billet !!! I think the truck looks good, it's just a tuff market these days. Good luck !!
Old 08-18-2007, 09:12 PM
tug1
APPRENTICE

thanks i will im really wanting to trade more than sell i mean i would sell it for less (CASH TALKS) ya know i know some bigger tires would do alot better but if i start doing more to it then i know ill want to keep it and im really wanting a street car (weekend racer) nothing extreme and i have lots off pics ready to be emailed just ask and ill send
Old 08-18-2007, 09:52 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

I'm with DL, i think you need to be more discriptive, you don't mention, auto or std. engine size or any stats such as gear ratio. I don't see it hard to trade for a early 90's Mustang or Camero, but i also cannot in good faith see anyone paying $9500.00 for a 20 yr. old truck even if it' is very clean.

just my opinion.

Zip.
Old 08-19-2007, 08:06 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

ok im with Zip..not trying to hurt your feeling in anyway..but $9500 for a 87 truck is way out of the ball park..the price is even scaring traders away cause a person that trades a good bit knows a seller will ask more on the trade side..so i think you are shooting yourself in the foot with the $9500 price tage.

Perry is our resident expert in pricing your everyday driven car and truck...but i would go out on a limb and say $6500 would be a high figure for your truck.....im sure Perry will tell us how much its worth

also Perry is located in the Chatsworth GA area,,you and he might could work something out...Perry has got a lot of toys hanging around..

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 08-19-2007, 10:35 AM
spib
RACING JUNKIE

really sweet trucks like that go for under $6000 around hear, thats the truth, I dont care much for the 4x4 trucks but you can get a excellent truck like yours who a guy put a ton of money in for around $4000-$6000
Old 08-19-2007, 11:48 AM
tug1
APPRENTICE

9500 is the trade price i always list trade price and a 87 chevy is the only year with straight axle and fuel injection and ive seen trucks like mine sell for 11000 or so around here i mean i would sell for less but i just want to trade more than anything
Old 08-19-2007, 12:09 PM
tommynos
JUNIOR BUILDER

well being you asked id say your asking way too much imo....i have a 93 suburban,third row seat, lifted painted base clear black(very nice paint)weld wheels with newer 33's on it, all clear headlights,inside is like new too,it has dvd 2 tv's flushed into the seats(only the best stuff no odd names)2 wireless headphones,playstation,12 speaker system(all infinity and clean and hidden)phonix gold amp 2 subs(removable box style),alarm system(inside microphone for the alarm,remote start,automatic window roll up),,limo tint,custom exhaust with flowmaster and stainless tips,front and rear a/c and is new,no rips or fades no where on the inside,no smoke and runs like new,i have not advertised it but if i did id add more than i just did and id have a link with all the pics and by the way,i only want 6k for mine :shock: also a billet grill,and my suburban gets tons of compliments everywhere i go
Old 08-19-2007, 01:09 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by tug1
9500 is the trade price i always list trade price and a 87 chevy is the only year with straight axle and fuel injection and ive seen trucks like mine sell for $11,000 or so around here i mean i would sell for less but i just want to trade more than anything

what ?????..i live just a few hours away from u TOPS and i ain't seeing NO 1987 GOING FOR 11,000..Unless its got an alohol blown injected BIG block chevy in it and running over the tops of taxi cabs with A personalized plate called BIGFOOT..

Now come on..you came on here in good faith asking for honest opinions of why your truck was getting no action....please keep this in good faith...
not everyone of us on here are from IRAQ or Russia....we are in your back yard as well as overseas..

you got a 6k truck ( TOPS) in your possesion..you wanted to know what the problem was..now you know...Price it where it should be and it will move..
if you Truly want to trade the truck ..then take off the price tag altogether and put on the ad what your wanting to trade only or will entertain cash offers..otherwise keep the $9500 price tag on it or worse $11,000 price tag and you will continue NOT to get any inquries on the truck ...Plain and simple..

as zipper said i do not see you having any problems trading for an early 90's model (stock) mustang or camaro...the problem is these people that have these cars know that their stuff is worth about 5k and scared to approach you with a trade offer since you have your truck priced soo high..

think about it...

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 08-19-2007, 02:02 PM
tug1
APPRENTICE

i realize what you are saying im not saying i have a 10,000 dollar truck the only reason i have it priced there is because ive had it priced for 7000 on other sites and people would offer me stuff thats worth about 2500 so i figured if i priced it around 9000 i would get things worth maybe around 5-6k ya know but honestly i really have seen 87's go for around 11 down here that wasnt a smart remark or nothing mines not one that would thanks for all of your help im just wantting to fix up a car have had like 4 trucks since my last car(camaro) and im haveing trouble getting back into the car scene im going to take my price off and see if that will do any better and i was wondering if there was a better catagory to list it under or do i have it under the right one THANKS again

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -