Panneton & Jones 56 Chevy Gasser Pictures

Old 08-18-2007, 03:09 PM
Bad55belairx2
SHOW GUEST

Default Panneton & Jones 56 Chevy Gasser Pictures

Start diggin' through your old pictures. My brother and I are looking for pictures of our dad's old racecar. It was a dark blue 56 Chevy Gasser that originally said Panneton & Jones on the side. They later added Christensen (as in Chris Christensen) to the door, so then it said Panneton, Christensen and Jones. We have only been able to find 2 pictures so far. One is at the Smoker's Meet at Bakersfield in 1963. It is a starting line shot of the car racing Hugh Tucker's roadster. The other picture is a few years later at their home track, San Fernando. They competed at the Smoker's Meet from approximately 1962 until 1967. They raced the Texeira Willy's in the final round in 1965. As mentioned before, their home track was San Fernando, but they also raced at Irwindale, Fontana, Lion's and other Southern California tracks. Any pictures, video or other info would be greatly appreciated. If possible, we would like to locate the car and return it to its former glory. Thanks a bunch!
Old 08-18-2007, 03:36 PM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

welcome to racing junk an i hope someone can help you out.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:23 PM
Murff
MASTER BUILDER

Have you been to gassermadness.com? Byron has a really good Lost & Found section, might be worth a try. Another to post at would be anra.com as they are mostly SoCal racers.

How about posting the pix you do have?

Murff
Old 08-19-2007, 12:24 PM
Bad55belairx2
SHOW GUEST

My brother sent info to Byron at Gassermadness, also sent info to Gasser Magazine. ANRA is a good idea, Thanks. Will post pics soon.