Help with jetting...

Old 08-17-2007, 10:12 AM
WVProStreet
APPRENTICE

Default Help with jetting...

I just picked up an S-10 with the following engine combo, and it starts and runs but loads up if it sits for any time at all. Can I jet it down and take care of this? I would like to keep the carb thats on it, I believe it has the stock #73 jets on both ends...what would you recommend? Thanks

383 stroker with around 450hp...The block is a 010 4 bolt main. Internally balanced bored and honed with torc plates .30 over. Steel crank.CA rods all ARP bolts. Block was sonic checked. New style Vortec heads.hyd lifters. Comp cam custom ground 512 lift.comp valve springs. Double row timing chain. Melling high volume oil pump. True 10 3/4 comp almost 11.1.Speed pro hypereutectic pistons with coated skirts. Polished Aluminum fabricated valve covers. Milodon 7 qt oil pan. Elebrock aluminum water pump. Holley 4150 series 950hp.Polished aluminum intake Hurricane. Aluminum pulleys. Griffin radiator. Sanderson ceramic coated headers.
Old 08-17-2007, 02:32 PM
SST4530
DYNO TECH

Running power valves, yes or no?
Old 08-17-2007, 02:48 PM
WVProStreet
APPRENTICE

Yes..I believe its all stock internally. ops:
Old 08-17-2007, 05:53 PM
SST4530
DYNO TECH

May have popped one. If your just racing this thing, I would recommend blocking them off front and rear and stepping the jets up about 78 to start. Then go up or down from there. Probably won't need to go up more than that with your engine. If your street driving, replace the power valves and leave the jets alone. I would sure try to get a smaller carb, 750 would be perfect.