514 460 bbf blown supercharged prostreet(857024)

Old 08-17-2007, 03:00 AM
ricktownsend
SHOW GUEST

Default 514 460 bbf blown supercharged prostreet(857024)

Hi to all, about to buy a blown 514 big block for to inport to Australia can any body give me some feed back,how do the perform? are they as good as they sound? is the seller good to deal with. Thanks Rick
Old 08-17-2007, 03:53 PM
knova70
SENIOR BUILDER

Honestly,I would go see it in person and put your hands on it,then you!yourself have it shipped to australia when you are here,don't know who you are buying it from,just my personal opinion to see it in person,so there is no worrys later or having any problems getting it,I'm sure it would be worth the plane ticket to check it out,because it is gonna cost alot to get it to australia,Just be carefull!also I have a blown SBC and love it!!!!!!!
Old 08-17-2007, 06:50 PM
mcracecars
EXPERT BUILDER

Have you talked to the seller?
The phone number is a cell phone, do you have his home number, address etc...
He has sold 23500 bucks worth of stuff and no honour payments...
He has no profile listed..
6800 bucks for a blown 512 ford cobra jet seems rather cheap to me
Just some red flags here that would make me use caution.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:16 PM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

I agree that sounds way to cheap to me i would sure do some checking and if you can like they said come put your hands on it i ship parts over there and it's not cheap and i know you are a long way off but it could save you in the long run. or see if there is some one on rj in the same town that may check it out for you a lot of good guy's on here never hurts to ask .
O ed i checked out your web site very nice.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:17 PM
topsportsman1
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

I agree here with everyone else,DO your homework before parting with your hard earned cash.Some time a deal is too good to be true.

http://www.racingjunk.com/post/85702...ro-Street.html
Old 08-18-2007, 01:22 AM
ute351
JOURNEYMAN

Default post subject

hi ute351 from perth western australia there still is honourest people still over there and not are all crooks i brought a 408 sbf and i only payed gst and its cheap to import goods becase u only pay gst on the amount plus $1200 aus for paper work customs @freight and broker fee and it took 4 weeks to arrive and i deal with one person now and thats ronowen racing becase he talks straight down the line yes or no
Old 08-18-2007, 04:29 AM
knova70
SENIOR BUILDER

He is in australia ,if I am reading it right?going to have the motor shipped to australia.the motor is in the USA
Old 08-18-2007, 08:55 AM
ricktownsend
SHOW GUEST

HI every one thanks for all the advice, it would be a very big risk to buy from over seas but the pricess are so much better in the U.S.A. I was sus on the add 514 prostreet, No web page link, no seller profile, no company name and the price seems to good. I was hoping to get some feedback from some happy customers but i have not yet. I realy want to import some ford engines to sell over here in Australia as we have a great market for early Australian falcon gt and coupes, ford mustangs and hot rods, so i am looking for some one to buy my engines off if any one could recomend an engine/speed shop with good pricess in th C.A area or who can ship to C.A. Thanks Rick
Old 08-18-2007, 09:46 AM
mcracecars
EXPERT BUILDER

by C.A. do you mean california..?
There are probably a few LEGIT shops in the US that could set you up as a dealer/distributor in Austrailia.
The trouble with buying stuff off the classifieds from so far away as you are, if you send the guy 6800 bucks and he doesnt deliver, there is not much you can do to get your money back. It would cost that much for you to fly here and try to find the guy. There are other channels to go through, to find the guy, but so he gets arrested and jailed, you are still unlikely to get your money back.
Good luck in your endevour...
Old 08-18-2007, 09:59 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Rick..i agree with what KNOVA70 is saying..either get over here and check the motor out for yourself...or get in with one of these guys on this board that is known pretty well and have them help you over see the process....there are too many of us here in USA willing to help somone To not take advantage of a little bird dogging...

i know if you choose something reasonably close to me i would not mind helping you anyway i could.

Thanks. Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -