no oil pressurre

Old 08-14-2007, 08:16 AM
flash725
SHOW GUEST

Default no oil pressurre

BLOWN SMALL BLOCK CHEVY, NO OIL PRESSURE WHEN IT GETS WARMED UP. PUMP IS GOOD. NO SPUN BERINGS. ROD CLEARANCE IS GOOD. BLOCK IS GOOD AND CRANK IS GOOD ALL THIS HAS BEEN CHECKED, I HAVE OIL PRESSURE WHEN THE MOTOR IS COLD BUT WHEN IT GETS TO RUNNING TEMP THE OIL PRESSURE GETS VERY LOW (ABOUT 5 LBS) THE PUMP IS A NEW HI VOLUME PUMP AND WORKS PERFECT. THE GUAGE IS THE FIRST THING I TRIED CHANGING THEN THE OIL AND FILTER NOW I AM INTO THE MOTOR AND CAN'T FIND ANYTHING WRONG. ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE GREATLY APPERICATED...BAM
Old 08-14-2007, 08:50 AM
performanceengin
JUNIOR BUILDER

is the front oil gaaley plugs installed? also the one under rear main cap
Old 08-14-2007, 09:48 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Is this a new motor? or did the problem just suddenly appear? I would have tried another filter first before I torn into but it's alittle late now. Excessive clearances could be the culprit too, plastigauge the rod and mains and see what kinda clearances you have, also worn cam bearings will do the same.
Old 08-15-2007, 05:03 AM
billhendren
MASTER BUILDER

Take the pump off and with a rubber tipped air gun blow air into the oil galley in the main,you should be able to see the problem.Bill