I had Wally Parks as a patient.

Old 08-10-2007, 10:09 PM
cbtlr
SENIOR BUILDER

Default I had Wally Parks as a patient.

I work in the medical field.I thought I would share this with you guys here.I had a patient and noticed the last name of parks.I went to the room and as usual started a conversation with the patient.His caregiver stated.Do you know who this is.I was like Mr. Parks.She said Wally that is.NHRA founder.Wally was sitting back and the look on his face was like no big deal.I was really excited to meet the great Wally Parks.Him and I started talking about cars right away and the old big time sponsored drivers.The snake to be one and the major tracks..Man we both had smiles on our faces.You would have thought we were two kids in a candy shop.I was very happy to have meet Wally.The crazy thing about it is.Hold on to your hats.Wally made me feel as if I was the celebrity not himself.I tryed to push the celebrity status back to MR.Parks and he would not have it my way.He continued to make me feel as if I was the celebrity and he was more happy to have meet me.Man you talk about one in a million.Seems when we started talking about cars.It made both of our day better.I was having a rough one.If you know what I mean.I had a ball with the short time I had with MR.Parks.A few months later he had returned to my place of employment.I was lucky enough to have him as a patient again.But sorry we had to meet under the circumstances.I was shocked that he remembered me and the same out come again.This time we talked about how and why the wally trophy was made.It was Wally's desighn.Trully a great man by far.I have not seen MR.Parks in a few months and has not been admitted at my place of employment.I check every now and then.I hope he is well and doing better.Just thought I would share this.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:32 PM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

cbtlr I ABSOLUTELY love a good lucky story. And that was lucky that you got to meet a figure head of that statue in NHRA in your life time. I don't know a man in our world that would not like a Wally in there living room at home. Well I am very happy for you and the experience that you got to live. Like they say ever dog has his day and I would say that was yours.
Old 08-10-2007, 11:28 PM
cbtlr
SENIOR BUILDER

Originally Posted by woodsman
cbtlr I ABSOLUTELY love a good lucky story. And that was lucky that you got to meet a figure head of that statue in NHRA in your life time. I don't know a man in our world that would not like a Wally in there living room at home. Well I am very happy for you and the experience that you got to live. Like they say ever dog has his day and I would say that was yours.
Thanks for the reply.A little more about Wally.You know how you can meet someone and feel like you have known them all your life?Well thats Wally Parks.Great humble man and icon.
Old 08-11-2007, 04:48 PM
lotsof454sss
DYNO OPERATOR

Great story and glad you shared it...It is amusing to meet someone that is a legend and then get to know the real person and you see why they are so highly thought of and also realize they get up in the morning scratch their arse and yawn and see the same world as you and I....
Old 09-30-2007, 06:24 PM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

Well guy's he was a legend in his on time.