Dont deal with the member "Bowtiepony"

Old 08-10-2007, 07:43 PM
rjhart123
SHOW GUEST

Default Dont deal with the member "Bowtiepony"

I have a tremec tko trans for sale on racingjunk right now, well Mr. Bowtiepony called me and wanted to buy it, so we agreed on a price, and he wanted me to meet him in Louisville so he could pick it up, but i couldn't do that because i live in cincinnati and my father just passed away so i have been really busy... But anyway i told him if he wanted to send me a cashiers check i would ship everything to him and he said that was fine, so he called me and said he sent out the money on saturday Auguest the 4th well it never showed up all week and he kept saying that he really did send it out, it should have only taken 2 days according to my post office. To be honest I was starting to believe he really never did send it out, well anyways the check showed up finally today Auguest the 10th, well heres the thing that really sucked all of a sudden i get a call from Mr. Bowtiepony and now he wants me to send back his check, he no longer wants to purchase the trans set up, what would you do if you were in my situation? You shouldnt commit on something unless you are a serious buyer.......
Old 08-10-2007, 07:53 PM
topsportsman1
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Personally,
I'd either send him his check back,or rip it up if its a personal check.
Cut your losses ,because he'd prolly put a stop payment on it.

Do the right thing and be fair about it JMHO Thats what I'd do

Tom
Old 08-10-2007, 10:54 PM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

Just my opinion but if the part did not leave my passion than I would say the money goes back. As for as the title of your thread. I am not sure that no one should deal with him. As he may have just got cold feet after the amount of time that was made between the beginning of the deal an the time you say you received the money. And as Tom said do the right thing it will all work out for the best.
Old 08-11-2007, 09:17 AM
rjhart123
SHOW GUEST

i sent the check back, hopefully we all can learn from this.....
Old 08-11-2007, 11:07 AM
woodsman
DYNO OPERATOR

Your a good man in my book and have done the right thing.
Old 08-11-2007, 12:37 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

:wink: ..right decision !

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 08-11-2007, 04:30 PM
lotsof454sss
DYNO OPERATOR

Ya did the right thing...Had you not then think of all the aggravations that could have come from it and also you will not lose any sleep over it...Welcome to RJ..
Old 08-11-2007, 06:50 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Agree'd you did do the right thing by sending back the check and hopefully you wasn't nasty with the return note. Not many of us have not had second thoughts on buying something and i for one have a $6,000.00 mistake in my shop right now in the form of a 1941 willys with an aslton chassis. I wish i would have seen or had different thoughts before buying it. I now realise that it involves more work than i am prepared to do. I found the Anglia a couple months after i bought the willys and i wanted the Anglia more, so if i would have had a premonition i would have keep looking for an Anglia and just passed over the willys. I'm already further along on the anglia than i am on the willys so i guess i'll sell it to finish the Anglia.
Damn i hope i don't see 454's pig flying around my yard tonite, it's 102 degrees today and 103 tomorrow, too hot to go to the shop and work so i'm enjoying a few screw drivers.

Bottom line you did the right thing and everyones better off for it.

Zip.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:26 AM
RON94
SHOW GUEST

Default WHERE TOO

HELLO RON HERE

I AM NEW TO THIS FORUM, AND WANT TO KNOW WHERE A PERSON CAN CHECK OUT PEOPLE WHO JUST WANT TO WASTE YOUR TIME,WITH OFFERS QUESTIONS ETC. IN REGARDS TO THINGS FOR SALE ON R J I HAD A GUY WASTE MY TIME (LOTS) ABOUT AN ADD I HAVE HERE. MADE THE OFFER I ACCEPTED ETC. THEN AFTER AT LEAST 10 E MAILS BLEW ME OFF FOUND SOMETHING ELSE WAY CHEAPER WAY CLOSER AND FREE DELIVERY . JUST A QUESTION AS TO IF THERE IS A FORUM/LIST OF TIME WASTING NO BUYING TIRE KICKERS.

THANKS RON R.[/b]