You guys still racing????????

Old 08-08-2007, 04:15 AM
qtrmile2
DYNO OPERATOR

Default You guys still racing????????

To hot for me in Missouri. I remember when I use to race in the heat every weekend and it didn't bother me. Not anymore. It's 101 today and 101 tomorrow. My Camaro's gunna stay in the garage until it gets cooler. Just wondering if I'm the only one taking a break in the heat.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:32 AM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

I guess I am to dumb to come in out of the heat...lol

Seems like I have done my best tune work in the heat.
I told myself after I went to the track in 107 heat that I would wait until it cooled down, but went and turned my best time in 103 heat.

Maybe next year I will stay where it's cool.

Just an fyi, we had the hottest July here ever recorded and it looks like August will be the same.
Our track usually gets 2-3 events over 100 and we have had 10 already this year.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:44 AM
mcracecars
EXPERT BUILDER

Carl, you should be glad they dont make you wear a -20 fire suite,gloves and boots.....you would know what a baked potatoe feels like... :lol:
Old 08-08-2007, 06:38 AM
spib
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by mcracecars
Carl, you should be glad they dont make you wear a -20 fire suite,gloves and boots.....you would know what a baked potatoe feels like... :lol:
or a lil slight feel of what a aluminum smelter worker feels like :lol:
Old 08-08-2007, 07:02 AM
3dracing
MASTER BUILDER

We run points at US19 in Albany GAand it's a points race this weekend. At least I've quit and my daughter runs the dragster, she's young and can take it better than me.

Steve
Old 08-08-2007, 07:04 AM
3dracing
MASTER BUILDER

The heat index here was 103 at 7'o clock last nite.

Steve
Old 08-08-2007, 12:09 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

HEAT INDEX AT 106 AND HEADED FOR 110 !!!---TOO HOT FOR CONCRETE OR ROOFS FOR ME ops: ops:
Old 08-08-2007, 12:32 PM
chevguy65
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by spib
Originally Posted by mcracecars
or a lil slight feel of what a aluminum smelter worker feels like :lol:
I used to lay asphalt....from paver operator, to screeder, to raker to roller operator....try 175 degree asphalt on a 100 degree day...back then I weighed about 100lbs less than now.
Old 08-08-2007, 03:02 PM
bignastygs
SENIOR BUILDER

Last week my crew laid 16 tons of hot mix asphalt base down by hand (was one of the jobs where a machine couldn't access) then we topped it with 11 tons of top. All in the heat in the wide open. Temp was 98 degrees and humidity was in the mid 90's. I don't think I ever sweat that much in my life. Was even worse, I had to run the roller on it soon afterward. Now we are shoulder cutting I-80 and the heat gets bad. I have been lucky though,as I have A/C in my tandem dump truck..
Old 08-08-2007, 05:57 PM
mikeaton
MASTER BUILDER

Default still racing

yep we are well we were untill a couple of weeks ago you guys ever went to the paint store and put your head into the paint shaker? well couple weeks ago me and my smart a$% found a few problems in my tune up on the funny car so as a racer i fixed them and then tuned up the motor well then we went out and "tested" the new and improved tune up,well it didnt turn out ok got out about 70-100 ft and it went into tire shake like id never been in before almost beat me senseless or maybe centless anyway shake then right up in smoke just as i lifted yea i lifted better said it shook my foot off the throttle. well post mortam was a bent axle and a headache but at least my 60 ft times went way way down!! a .90!!! best one we had was a 1.12 man it was going to run a number now im installing a timing retarder and some other "trick stuff"[expensive] to retard the timing so we dont repeat this again i dont have many brain cells to loose anymore lol well it was 103 here today at 6pm when i got free from the chain gang work so im going to wait untill the axle get here and then ill go out only at night time racing in september mike in new mexico

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -